September 19, 2013

Eloise of Westhaven

  Eloise of Westhaven: Not Just a Kid by Jean Archambault-White. This is one of my newest favorite books ever! :)
It is so rare to find new "good" books anymore. Even some of the so-called teen Christian books are not something I would want  to be reading. But then, I found this amazing book.
Set in the 1800s, Eloise Jackson's mother dies, leaving her an orphan as her father and brother had already died earlier. :( She is taken in by the kind Cravit family and soon becomes one of the their own, helping in the store and trading practical jokes with her new siblings-the handsome and teasing David, mature Vanessa who quickly becomes the sister Eloise never had, and little Jenna, sweet but dangerous when plotting a practical joke.

Eloise life gets more exciting as she becomes a governess for the mayor's children (an adventure in itself), has a run-in with outlaws, and falls in love! Throughout the whole book, God is Eloise's biggest help and strength, showing her His plan for her life-even after all seems lost.
I bought this book brand-new at Goodwill for 2 or 3 dollars -an amazing price as retail is $22. I'd have to say though, it's worth all of that as it's fantastic book. It's not anything out of the ordinary. It's not some totally original and never-before-thought-of-plot. But it's just so good. Something I could read again and again and never grow tired of.
So, if you adore books like Little House on the Prairie, or love authors like Janette Oke, this book is FOR you! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!
Rating: 10/10 


2 comments

  1. Such a lovely and accurate review! Thank you for your comments, Natalie. Have you read Volume 2, "Love is Patient?" And, watch for Volume 3.
    I loved writing these books. It is awe-inspiring to look back in history and see how far technology has come. I like the challenge of the historical research, and hope that my books will inspire more people.
    Natalie, if you contact me on FB and send me a comment, I will send you an autographed copy of your choice, volume 1, 2, or 3 (when it comes out). Thanks again for your great comments!
    -Jean Archambault-White
    www.JeanArchambault-White.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments as much as I love hot tea and a good book.....well, nearly, anyway!
Please keep your words kind and edifying.