Here's 15 quotes from The Sound of Music. If you know (or think you know!) who said any of these quotes, leave a comment with the number of the quote and what the quoted character's name is. Have fun!!
*note: the name "Character 1" or "Character 2" is not used for the same character every time, it's simply for distinguishing between two characters when they are talking together*
1) Character 1: You are the twelfth in a long line of governesses who have come here to look after.. [the]..children since their mother died. I trust you will be an improvement on the last one. She stayed only two hours.
Character 2: What's wrong with the children..?
Character 3: Oh, there's nothing wrong with the children. Only the governesses.
2) Character: I like rich people. I like the way they live. I like the way I live when I'm with them.
3) Character: Somewhere out there is a lady who I think will never be a nun.
4) Character 1: ...did I or did I not say that bedtime is to be strictly observed in this household?
Character 2: Yes, well the children were scared of the thunderstorm and... You did, sir.
Character 1: And do you or do you not have trouble following these simple instructions?
Character 2: Only during thunderstorms, sir.
5) Character: I haven't had so much fun since the day we put glue on Fräulein Josephine's toothbrush.
6) Character 1: It's the dress. You'll have to put on another one before you meet the children.
Character 2: But I don't have another one. When we entered the abbey our worldly clothes were given to the poor.
Character 1: What about this one?
Character 2: The poor didn't want this one.
7) Character 1: I can't seem to stop singing wherever I am. And what's worse, I can't seem to stop saying things - anything and everything I think and feel.
Character 2: Some people would call that honesty.
8) Character 1: Perhaps those who would warn you that the Anschluss is coming - and it is coming..... - perhaps they would get further with you by setting their words to music.
Character 2: If the Nazis take over Austria, I have no doubt..... that you will be the entire trumpet section.
Character 1: You flatter me....
Character 2: Oh, how clumsy of me - I meant to accuse you.
9) Character: When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.
10) Character 1: Why don't we ever get to see the baroness?
Character 2: Why would she want to see you?
11) Character: Darling, haven't you ever heard of a delightful little thing called boarding school?
12) Character 1: Why didn't you tell me?
Character 2: What?
Character 1: To bring along my harmonica.
13) Character: I wonder what grass tastes like.
14) Character 1: I've not asked you where you and your family are going. Nor have you asked me why I am here.
Character 2: Well, apparently, we're both suffering from a deplorable lack of curiosity.
15) Character: The Von Trapp children don't play. They march.