September 27, 2013

Sound of Music Quote Quiz!

Here's 15 quotes from The Sound of Music. If you know (or think you know!) who said any of these quotes, leave a comment with the number of the quote and what the quoted character's name is.  Have fun!!
  
*note: the name "Character 1" or "Character 2" is not used for the same character every time, it's simply for distinguishing between two characters when they are talking together*

1) Character 1: You are the twelfth in a long line of governesses who have come here to look after.. [the]..children since their mother died. I trust you will be an improvement on the last one. She stayed only two hours.
Character 2: What's wrong with the children..?
Character 3: Oh, there's nothing wrong with the children. Only the governesses.

2) Character: I like rich people. I like the way they live. I like the way I live when I'm with them.

3) Character: Somewhere out there is a lady who I think will never be a nun.

4) Character 1: ...did I or did I not say that bedtime is to be strictly observed in this household?
Character 2: Yes, well the children were scared of the thunderstorm and... You did, sir.
Character 1: And do you or do you not have trouble following these simple instructions?
Character 2: Only during thunderstorms, sir.

5) Character: I haven't had so much fun since the day we put glue on Fräulein Josephine's toothbrush.

6) Character 1: It's the dress. You'll have to put on another one before you meet the children.
Character 2: But I don't have another one. When we entered the abbey our worldly clothes were given to the poor.
Character 1: What about this one?
Character 2: The poor didn't want this one.

7) Character 1: I can't seem to stop singing wherever I am. And what's worse, I can't seem to stop saying things - anything and everything I think and feel.
Character 2: Some people would call that honesty.

8) Character 1: Perhaps those who would warn you that the Anschluss is coming - and it is coming..... - perhaps they would get further with you by setting their words to music.
Character 2: If the Nazis take over Austria, I have no doubt..... that you will be the entire trumpet section.
Character 1: You flatter me....
Character 2: Oh, how clumsy of me - I meant to accuse you.

9) Character: When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.

10) Character 1: Why don't we ever get to see the baroness?
Character 2: Why would she want to see you?

11) Character: Darling, haven't you ever heard of a delightful little thing called boarding school?

12) Character 1: Why didn't you tell me?
Character 2: What?
Character 1: To bring along my harmonica.

13) Character: I wonder what grass tastes like.

14)
Character 1: I've not asked you where you and your family are going. Nor have you asked me why I am here.
Character 2: Well, apparently, we're both suffering from a deplorable lack of curiosity.

15) Character: The Von Trapp children don't play. They march.

2 comments:

  1. 1 Captain, Maria, Captain
    2 Uncle Max
    3 the Baroness
    4 Captain, Maria, Captain, Maria
    5 Kert
    6 Captain, Maria, Captain, Maria
    7 Maria, Mother Superior
    8 guest (Nazi), Captain, guest (Nazi), Captain
    9 Maria
    10
    11 Baroness
    12 Barenoss, Captain, Bareness
    13 Kert
    14
    15 housekeeper

    That was fun. God bless! ~Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for guessing! I'll post the answers soon, but I'll tell you now that you did really well!!
    God bless you too, Clare!

    ReplyDelete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.