November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey y'll! I have so much to be thankful for this year. Well, every year in fact. :)
  •  Of course, I'm always thankful for Jesus dying for us on the cross so we can live with Him in Heaven someday!
  • I'm so thankful we're Christians- so many people just don't get it. How people can't understand what Jesus did for them is just beyond me!
  • I'm thankful for my "awesome-tastic" family (I did that for you, Dad). I seriously can't go a day without thanking God for the wonderfully loving and supportive family I have.
  • I'm thankful that we have the privilege to be homeschooled. It's so sad hearing about families who are separated or arrested because of wanting to homeschool their kids.
  • I'm thankful for my amazing friends (I'm finally mentioning you on my blog, Amanda, Kamberly, Shayla, and Kearra!) and what hilariously fun times we have together.
  • I'm thankful for country living. I never ever ever want to live in the suburbs again. Ever.
  • I'm thankful for all my adorable pets. (Yes, even Alice, the chicken who pecks us.)
  • I'm thankful for cool, windy weather!!!
  • I'm thankful for the gorgeous world God gave us to enjoy. Every day there's something beautiful to look at. He is the most awesome artist ever.
  • I'm thankful for the author of the Eloise of Westhaven books, Jean Archambault-White, who commented on my Eloise review and sent me two free signed books!!!!
  • I'm thankful for Anna and the blog party we're hosting together in December! She's so sweet and I'm so happy to get to know her over the blogging world!
  • I'm thankful for music.
  • I'm thankful for books.
  • I'm thankful for movies.
  • I'm thankful for food. Delicious, yummy food.
  • I'm thankful for our house and the job my dad has.
  • I'm thankful for my blog and all the great blogs I follow!
  • I'm thankful for my volunteer job as a historical reenactor.
  • I'm thankful for my camera and the amazing shots I'm able to take.
  • I'm thankful for art. I love drawing and painting.
  • I'm thankful for writing. And my stories and characters that I just love.
  • I'm thankful for organic food and all the work my mom puts into making healthy meals for us!
  • I'm thankful for YOU who are reading this! And my lovely 6 followers!!


There's tons more things I could list, but those are the first that come to mind. But, here's a list of very random, maybe even silly things, that I'm thankful for:
  • Pencils. I love pencils.
  • My electric nail-filer. It makes filing nails a whole lot quicker and easier.
  • Legos. Seriously the best toys ever.
  • Pumpkin pie. <3
  • The Get Smart TV show (an old 1960s comedy show about spies).
  • Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South. My mom and I just watched it and loved it!
  • The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall DVD. And this and this. Hilarious!!!! (Both of which I got off of Sink Me!)
  • My new originally $49 skirt that I got for $9. Woot woot! :)
  • The fact that pretty much all of my Christmas gifts that I plan to give to my family/friends are done!
  • Water. I could never live without it.
  • Bookmarks.
  • And just to be really random, I'm going to say I'm thankful for scissors. I mean, really, can you imagine how hard it'd be to cut things without scissors?! Think about it.
 Anyways, we all have things to be grateful for. Even when we have bad days. Even when bad things happen. There's always something to be thankful to God for-we just have put our troubles aside and look around at the good. 
 So, Happy Thanksgiving all my lovely readers! I'm going to celebrate Thanksgiving at my grandparents house today. Can't wait!
 It's also my mom's birthday today. Happy Birthday Mommy! I love you so much, you're the BEST mom in the entire world! <3 <3 <3


3 comments:

  1. Ohmigoodness!!!!! I LOVE your new profile picture!!!! Sierra Boggess is EPIC!!!! Aww, thanks!! I'm thankful for you, too!! Oh, by the way, I have some more ideas for the blog party. I'm thinking of giving away one of my make-up pouches to whoever wins the Ultimate Winter Writing Challenge. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I know, she is so amazing!! I'm working on a review of Phantom, so watch for that soon! (hopefully soon!)
    Great! I have some ideas/questions too. Back to the New Look for Autumn comment box? ;)
    Ooh, I love that idea!! That would make a splendid prize for the winner!! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.