December 14, 2013

Answers To All Those Merry Little Games You Played...

 The end of Week One of our Winter Wonderland Blog Party is quickly coming to a close! Starting Monday, we'll have our...drumroll...Ultimate Winter Writing Challenge!! Am so excited about that. Still have to finish my story, but hey. I'll work it out. Hopefully. :P
 Anyways, here's the game answers y'll have been so patiently waiting for!

For the Quotes games, I wasn't going to do any "points" or "scores" originally, but I think I will now. Soooo...let's see. How am I going to do this? Each question is worth 5 points (for a total of 100 points if you get them all right). If you answer the question wrong or don't answer it at all, you lose the 5 points. If you get only part of the question wrong (like only the character's name) then you'll get 2 and 1/2 points off instead of the entire 5. Clear? Hope so!

Here's your scores for the Quotes Game:
Carissa got 70 points! Thanks for playing, Carissa!
Melody got 22.5 points! Thanks for playing, Melody! (note: You got a lot of the questions right, but you failed to answer which characters said it, so I had to take 2 1/2 points off for each of those. I'm sorry!)
 
Christmas Movie Quotes Answers:

Quote 1~
Zuzu Bailey and George Bailey from It's a Wonderful Life
 

Quote 2~
Fred Gailey and Susan Walker from Miracle on 34th Street

 
Quote 3~
Nick from It's a Wonderful Life

Quote 4~ Yukon Cornelius and Hermey from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

 
Quote 5~
Fred Gailey and Mr. Macy from Miracle on 34th Street

 
Quote 6~Mrs. Claus from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

 
Quote 7~Susan Walker from Miracle on 34th Street

 
Quote 8~Clarence from It's a Wonderful Life

 
Quote 9~ Yukon Cornelius and Hermey from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

 
Quote 10~Mary and George Bailey from It's a Wonderful Life

Quote 11~Kris Kringle from Miracle on 34th Street 

Quote 12~
Judy Haynes and Phil Davis from White Christmas

Quote 13~ Laurie and Jo from Little Women

Quote 14~
John Sargent and Lee Leander from Remember the Night

 Quote 15~Schroeder and Lucy from A Charlie Brown Christmas

Quote 16~Grinch  from How the Grinch Stole Christmas

 
Quote 17~Ebenezer and Jacob Marley from A Christmas Carol

 
Quote 18~Chralie Brown and Violet from A Charlie Brown Christmas

 
Quote 19~ Phil Davis and Bob Wallace from White Christmas

Quote 20~
Mrs. Donner and Donner from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer


For the music games, I'm just going to give you the answers and you can see how you did. :)

Music Fill in the Blanks Answers:
1. Silver, Say, Cares

2. Angel(s), Poor, Lay

3. White, Used

4. Rudolph, Town

5. Frightful, Delightful

6. Holly, Time, Year

7. Ransom, Israel

8. Snow, Jolly, Pipe, Button, Coal

9. Manger, Crib, Bed, Lord, Sweet

10. Home, Holidays, Far, Roam

 

Matching Answers:
 1F  2E  3A  4H  5D  6C  7J  8B  9I  10G

 
 Trivia Answers:

What movie is the song "Silver Bells" originally from?
The Lemon Drop Kid

What Christmas song is Bing Crosby known for?
White Christmas

Was the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer song based on the book or was the book based on the song?
The song was based on the book

What does "Feliz Navidad, próspero año y felicidad" mean in English?
"Merry Christmas, a prosperous year and happiness"

How old was Brenda Lee when she recorded "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"?
She was only 13 years old! (If you don't believe me, check Wikipedia. It's true.)


Thanks for playing everyone! Merry Christmas!



4 comments:

  1. Awww, that was such fun! I did better than I expected on some of those. And I cannot believe that Brenda Lee was only 13. Wow, that's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Yes, you did quite well! HE will be pleased...haha. Sorry. Little Phantom of the Opera reference there. I just couldn't resist. :)
    I know!!! I couldn't believe she was only 13 either!
    Thanks so much for participating!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha... I wish you would have commented back so I could know to add the characters. I thought I read that the "character 1" etc. stuff was just so we didn't get confused and that we WEREN'T supposed to name them, just the movie... I guess I read it wrong. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry! You're right, I should have done that. I just didn't think to. Sorry about that! :( Yes, character 1 and 2 were just for identifying who's speaking. I did say you had to name the characters along with the movie, though.
    If you didn't read the answers and would like to comment on who said it, I'd be happy to repost your score.

    ReplyDelete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.