December 10, 2013

Christmas Movie Quotes Game!

Allrighty, you better be up to date on your movie quotes. This is my first game for our blog party! :) If you want to play, comment on who said the quotes and what movie it's from.  (Character 1, Character 2, etc. is just so you can distinguish between who's speaking.) Good luck!
 

Quote 1~
Character 1: I'm not sleepy. I want to look at my flower.

Character 2: I know-I know, but you just go to sleep, and then you can dream about it, and it'll be a whole garden.


Quote 2~
Character 1: That baseball player sure looks like a giant to me.

Character 2: Sometimes people grow very large, but that's abnormal.

Character 1: I'll bet your mother told you that, too.


Quote 3~
Character 1:  Get me. I'm givin' out wings!


Quote 4~
Character 1: This fog's as thick as peanut butter.

Character 2: You mean pea soup.

Character 1: You eat what you like, and I'll eat what I like!


Quote 5~
Character 1: Is it true that you're the owner of one of the biggest department stores in New York City?

Character 2: THE biggest!


Quote 6~
Character 1: Whoever heard of a skinny Santa? Eat. Eat!


Quote 7~
Character 1:  I believe... I believe... It's silly, but I believe.


Quote 8~
Character 1: Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?


Quote 9~
Character 1: You're going to stay with me and we'll all be rich with the biggest silver strike this side of Hudson Bay. Silverrrrrrr!

Character 2: I thought you wanted gold.

Character 1: I changed my mind.


Quote 10~
Character 1: What do you want?

Character 2: Me? Nothing! I just came in to get warm.

Character 1: [pause] He's making violent love to me, mother!


Quote 11~
Character 1: No, but don't you see, dear? Some children wish for things they couldn't possibly use like real locomotives or B-29s.


Quote 12~
Character 1: But, don't you think we ought to... oh... kiss or something?

Character 2: Uh... n-n-not until it's absolutely necessary.


Quote 13~
Character 1: I'm quite taken by that one.

Character 2: That's my sister. She's completely bald in front.


Quote 14~
Character 1: Suppose you were starving to death and you didn't have any food and you didn't have any place to get anything. And there were some loaves of bread out in front of a market. Now remember, you're starving to death and the man's back was turned. Would you swipe one?

Character 2: If I was starving, you bet I would.

Character 1: That's because you're honest. You see, I'd have a six-course dinner at a fancy restaurant across the street and then say I forgot my purse. Get the difference?


Quote 15~
Character 1: This is the music I've selected for the Christmas play.  [plays Fur Elise]

Character 2: What kind of Christmas music is that?

Character 1: Beethoven Christmas music.


Quote 16~
Character 1: That's one thing I hate! All the noise, noise, noise, noise!


Quote 17~
Character 1: You see that toothpick?

Character 2: I do.

Character 1: But you're not looking at it!

Character 2: Yet I see it, notwithstanding.


Quote 18~
Character 1: Thanks for the Christmas card you sent me.

Character 2: I didn't send you a Christmas card.

Character 1: Don't you know sarcasm when you hear it?

Quote 19~
Character 1: My dear partner, when what's left of you gets around to what's left to be gotten, what's left to be gotten won't be worth getting, whatever it is you've got left.

Character 2: When I figure out what that means I'll come up with a crushing reply.


Quote 20~
Character 1: He's got a shiny nose.

Character 2: Sh-sh-sh-shiny? I'd even say it glows.

6 comments

  1. Quote 1 - I have absolutely no clue.

    Quote 2 - Susan and Fred Gailey in the original "Miracle on 34th Street."

    Quote 3 - Again, no clue

    Quote 4 - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, a conversation between Yukon Cornellius and Hermey.

    Quote 5 - "Miracle on 34th Street," Fred Gailey and Mr. Macy

    Quote 6 - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Mrs. Claus

    Quote 7 - "Miracle on 34th Street", Susan

    Quote 8 - Clarence in "It's a Wonderful Life"

    Quote 9 - Rudolph, quotes from Yukon Cornelius and Hermey

    Quote 10 - Sadly, I don't remember this one.

    Quote 11 - Miracle on 34th Street, a quote from Kris Kringle

    Quote 12 - *laughs* White Christmas with Danny Kaye (Phil) and Vera-Ellen (Judy)

    Quote 13 - Nope, no idea.

    Quote 14 - Sounds familiar, but I'm not sure

    Quote 15 - Schroder and Lucy in A Charlie Brown Christmas

    Quote 16 - The Grinch in the animated film!

    Quote 17 - Nope, no clue.

    Quote 18 - Charlie Brown and Violet in A Charlie Brown Christmas

    Quote 19 - *laughs again* White Christmas, Bing Crosby (Bob, character 2) and Danny Kaye (Phil, character 1)

    Quote 20 - Donner and his wife in Rudolph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for playing, Carissa! I'll post the answers at the end of week 1, so everyone can have a chance to play without accidentally seeing the answers in the comments! :)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Ignores upper comments*

    1. It's a Wonderful Life

    3. Haha, also It's a Wonderful Life

    4. Possibly Miracle on 34th Street?

    6. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. ;)

    8. It's a Wonderful Life

    9. Rudolph

    10. HAHAHA. It's a Wonderful Life. :)

    13. Little Women :D

    17. Possibly A Christmas Carol?

    20. Rudolph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing, Melody! I'll be posting the answers very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like fun! Watching Christmas movies every holiday has become our family tradition. I really enjoy remembering Christmas quotes from them, especially the funny ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes we watch Christmas movies every year as well. :) My personal favorite is It's a Wonderful Life. :)

      Delete

I love comments as much as I love hot tea and a good book.....well, nearly, anyway!
Please keep your words kind and edifying.