December 12, 2013

So You Think You Know Christmas Music...

Here's the second game of Anna's and my Winter Wonderland Blog Party! Make sure you check out her blog as well!

Fill in the Blanks:
Without looking up the song, comment with the words that are missing.

1. Hark, how the bells! Sweet, _______ bells! All seem to ____, throw ____away!
2. The first Noel, the _____did say, was to certain _____ shepherds in fields as they _____.
3. I'm dreaming of a _____ Christmas, just like the ones I _____to know.
4. Run, run,_________, Santa's got to make it to _________.
5. Oh the weather outside is __________but the fire is so ___________.
6. Have a _____ jolly Christmas, it's the best ____ of the ______.
7. O come O come Emmanuel, and ________captive ________.
8. Frosty the _____man is a _____happy soul with a corncob _____ and a _______nose and two eyes made out of _______.
9. Away in a _______, no ___ for a ____, the little________ Jesus lay down his _____head.
10. Oh, there's no place like______ for the _______, no matter how ___ away you ______.

 
Matching:
Match which song was recorded by which Christian contemporary artist.
Note: I realize some of my readers do not listen to contemporary Christian music. So don't feel bad if you don't know any of these and have to skip it. :)

1. "While You Were Sleeping"
2. "Glory in the Highest"
3. "One Last Christmas"
4. "I Need a Silent Night"
5. "Christmas This Year"
6. "The Night Before Christmas"
7. "Jesus is Alive"
8. "Christmas Is"
9. "This Baby"
10. "Deck the Halls"


a. Matthew West                                 
b. Francesca Battistelli
c. Brandon Heath
d. TobyMac
e. Chris Tomlin
f. Casting Crowns
g. Tenth Avenue North
h. Amy Grant
i. Steven Curtis Chapman
j. Josh Wilson


Trivia:
What movie is the song "Silver Bells" originally from?

What Christmas song is Bing Crosby known for?

Was the "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" song based on the book or was the book based on the song?

What does "Feliz Navidad, próspero año y felicidad" mean in English?

How old was Brenda Lee when she recorded "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"?

6 comments:

  1. Goodness, woman!! I don't know the answer to any of your awesome trivia answers! I'm rusty!! I know all the music ad almost all of the artists. There's like three or four I'm not sure about.... Great game, though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fill in the Blanks:
    Without looking up the song, comment with the words that are missing.

    1. Hark, how the bells! Sweet, silver bells! All seem to say, throw cares away!
    2. The first Noel, the angels did say, was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay.
    3. I'm dreaming of a White Christmas, just like the ones I used to know.
    4. Run, run, Rudolph, Santa's got to make it to town.
    5. Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so dellightful.
    6. Have a holly, jolly Christmas, it's the best time of the year.
    7. O come O come Emmanuel, and ransom captive Israel.
    8. Frosty the Snowman is a jolly, happy soul with a corncob pipe and a button nose and two eyes made out of coal.
    9. Away in a manger, no crib for a bed, the little Lord Jesus lay down his sweet head.
    10. Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays, no matter how far away you roam.


    Trivia:
    What movie is the song "Silver Bells" originally from? Ooh, it's from "The Lemon Drop Kid" with Bob Hope, originally written for him. Such a great song and a great movie and a great man!

    What Christmas song is Bing Crosby known for? He's known for "White Christmas" unless I'm mistaken.

    Was the "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" song based on the book or was the book based on the song? It's probably based on the book.

    What does "Feliz Navidad, próspero año y felicidad" mean in English? I think it's "Merry Christmas, I want to wish you a Merry Christmas." Maybe.

    How old was Brenda Lee when she recorded "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"? Ooh, I have no idea, probably mid-thirties?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna-
    Thanks! I didn't know some of the trivia myself-I either looked it up or found it accidentally! :)

    Carissa-Thanks sooo much for playing! I'll post the answers when I post the answers for the movie trivia game. :) Sorry to keep you waiting for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funness! (I know it's not a word. Hush.)

    Blanks:
    2. Angels, poor, lay.
    3. White, used.
    5. Frightful, delightful.
    6. Holly, time, year.
    8. Snow, jolly (?), hat, button, coal.
    9. manger, crib, bed, Lord, sweet.
    10. Mmm... home, holidays, ?, ?.

    Matching:
    Haha... nope. :P

    Trivia:
    I didn't know Silver Bells was from a movie, haha.

    I know Bing Crosby for a lot of Christmas songs. :P But I'm going to say White Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful'. That's the only one I know, because my friends and I are singing this song all year round

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing, Melody and Envy! I'll be posting the answers soon!

    ReplyDelete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.