March 5, 2014

I've Been Awarded!



The lovely Rebekah and Cassie at Calico Sisters nominated me for The Sunshine Award! I'm so happy and excited-this is the first time I've been awarded! :)


Q. What is your favorite thing to do when spring comes around?
Hm. Well, since I live in Florida it kinda goes from summer to winter to summer again without ever truly having a spring or fall. (Or even a real winter, but that's beside the point ;) Imagining that I did live in a climate that had springs, I would go outside and sit in the sun with a book or my journal. Or maybe take my art supplies and work on a project.


Q. What kinds of animals do you own?
Hahaha...I just love when I get this answer in real life. We have 3 dogs, 4 chickens, and 12 barn cats. Well, okay, we HAD 12 barn cats but we rarely ever see 3 of them so technically we have 9.

Q. What experience in your life drew you close to God? / Or / In what way has God really revealed himself to you? 
I would say when I had surgery done on my spine at 13 years old (gosh, was that really 2 years ago??) I really felt God's presence and help. I mean, you would expect to be scared half to death that you're going to have somebody cut open your back (sorry to all you squeamish people), but I felt relatively calm and collected. I knew He was there helping me through it.

Q. What is a favorite color of yours?
Aqua blue. It's so pretty and soothing and reminds me of summery days splashing in the pool. 



Q. Do you like to knit, crochet, or sew the most?
I dabble in knitting and crochet and enjoy it (and would like to get better at it!), but I mostly sew. So I guess I like sewing the most. At the moment I don't sew any clothes, just doll costumes. But I would really like to get some patterns and start working on outfits for me! :)

Q. Which one is your favorite letters from the Apostle Paul (Corinthians 1 or 2, Galatians, Philippians, etc.)?
Hm. Good question. I've never thought about it before. They're all good letters, of course. :) 
I can't say I really have an answer for this. I'll have to think about it next time I read them!

Q. What are some of your favorite old time shows? (Waltons, Little House, Andy Griffith, Father Knows Best, Christy) 
Oh my goodness, what a perfect question. Probably 85% of the shows and movies my family watched are "old time" ones. :) Some of my favorites are Andy Griffith, Petticoat Junction, Get Smart, Green Acres, Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C., Christy, Little House, Car 54, Leave it to Beaver.....

Q. What is your favorite thing to bake?
Cookies! :)

Q. Skirts or dresses?
Pretty much skirts. I have about 2 dresses. Not that I don't love dresses, it's just so hard to find cute, comfortable, and modest (to the knee) ones! I really love 1940s-1950s styled dresses and always have plans to sew one in the back of my mind! Someday....

Q. What household chore do you enjoy the most?
Well, I don't mind cleaning up the kitchen or dusting. I can't say I enjoy them though. :) One "chore" I really like is organizing things. Whether it be a drawer, a desk, a pantry-anything really!

Q. City or country life?
Country alllll the way. Seriously, one day of shopping in a congested area makes me long to get back to my home on 5 acres! I used to live in a subdivision, but ever since my family moved out to the country, I never want to go back. Ever. :)



And now for my nominees!!
Lady Eowyn at Captured By the Word
Heidi P. at Lady of Anorien
Miss Jane Bennent at Classic Ramblings

And here are my questions for the nominees:
1. What would you do on a rainy (but not stormy) day?
2. Heels or flats?
3. Is there any particular music/song that ever gives you chills from the beauty or inspiration of it?
4. Would you find a mud battle hilariously fun or positively gross?
5. Is there anything you feel God has taught you over the past year?
6. Favorite sidekick/best friend character from literature?
7. What do you like to do for exercise?
8. A favorite movie/TV show nobody would expect you to like?
9. E-mailing, telephoning, texting, or snail mail?
10. Describe your dream dress:
11. Favorite Biblical name?

9 comments:

  1. Great answers, Natalie! And thank you for the nomination. I'm working on the Sunflower award, but I'll get to this one ASAP. :-) Is that your property with the hay bales? It's a beautiful picture. And I love the aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for nominating me, Natalie! It looks like it will be tons of fun! I'll hopefully post if sometime soon - just gotta find the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks so much for the nomination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your welcome, everyone! :)
    Heidi- No, it's not our property (I wish it was!), but it's a pasture we drive by often. I really love it, because it's so pretty. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the nomination, Natalie! It may be a week or two before I post it, but the questions look like they will be such fun to answer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi : ) First I have to say, your site is so pretty! I found it through Classic Ramblings. Also I noticed in the post that you said one of your favorite tv shows is Christy; that's one of my favorites too. Have you ever seen the movies?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lady Eowyn- Your welcome! Don't worry, take your time! :) I still have yet to answer your sunflower award questions! :)

    Ivy Miranda- Why, thank you!! I appreciate your saying that. :) Yes, I have seen the movies! I like the TV series better, although the movies did tie up a few loose ends, haha. :) Don't you hate how the last Christy episode ends?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! ...times two, since I just nominated you for the Liebster Award as well. :) poetreeandbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.