May 27, 2014

Introducing Joey....aka Nikon D3100

If you read my last post, you may have noticed that I mentioned something VERY exciting.

Well. At least for me it is.

I am now the proud owner of a Nikon d3100, my very  first DSLR camera.

This is my third camera, my first being a polaroid point and shoot and my second being a canon point and shoot. I had the polaroid for about 4 years and it worked very well for me. Then it broke. I wanted to get something a bit better, so I moved up to the canon. I was SO happy with my new camera-it took much much much better quality photos that the polaroid and my photography really started to soar as I tried new things with it.

That one lasted about a year and a half...or so. It wasn't the camera's fault. My brother and I had it on a tripod-I won't go into details, but the moral is:  TRIPODS KILL CAMERAS DO NOT USE TRIPODS!!!!!!
Well, at least make sure your tripod is stable before attaching the camera.

Even before the death of my little blue canon point and shoot, I had hoped that maybe one day within the next 5 years or so I could get a "photographers camera" aka a DSLR. So, after the destruction of my canon, I realized that the day had come. And I took the plunge. And here is Joey's and my handiwork:



 Unfortunately, I am one the people who are paranoid of their photos being stolen. So you're gonna have to deal with all the little copywright...watermark...things...
I don't know what to call them. Sorry!


 My brother actually took this while I was reading Les Mis, so he gets the credit. :)





So, what do y'll think? I'm definitely no professional, but I really love and enjoy photography. I'd love to try making a business of it someday, but even if my photos never go beyond me, my family, and this little blog here I'll be happy. I'm in love with my new camera and am having a ton of fun with it. Thanks for reading! :)

ps. I'm not really one to name electronics (which, of course, you don't have to do, though it is kinda fun), but when I do remember to, I call my camera Joey after Joey in War Horse. :)

13 comments:

  1. Okay. I'm envious. I have a Sony... care to downgrade, possibly, maybe? XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You're officially even more amazing than when you were super amazing. Nothin' more to say. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness yes, you do look professional! Wow! These pictures are amazing, especially the one with the sunset!
    Great career before you, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are brilliant pictures! My favorites are the sunset, and the purple flower. Actually, I just got a D5000 myself. I should really start using it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed. Have you been doing photography for a while or is it just a hidden talent that has recently come out in the open? My sister and I are in a photography class for 4-H so I've been a little more interested in the subject lately.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, that is so awesome!! You're pictures are gorgeous - I can tell you have potential!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, you guys just made my day. :) You're all so sweet-thank you so much for all your lovely compliments!!

    Ajax~ Haha, thanks, but I'm afraid not. ;)

    Anna~ Aw, thanks. :)

    Naomi~Thank you! I too love the sunset picture. :)

    Tara Therese~Why, thank you! I'd love to see any pictures you take if you post them to your blog! It's so fun meeting fellow photographers. :)

    Emily~ Thanks! I've had a camera ever since I was 10. But I'd say it's been only within the last couple of years that I've really tried upping my photography-especially after I got the canon point and shoot. I haven't taken any classes or anything so whatever I've learned has been completely self-taught!
    Good luck with your photography class! I would love to try one someday-there's just always something new to learn!

    Evelyn~ Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, gorgeous photos, Natalie!! :-) And I'm so happy for you...to be able to get it right before any and all of your summer adventures! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I know, I'm so happy I was able to get it before this summer. I'll be doing a post soon about that.... :)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photos! I adore how your blog is dedicated to Anne Shirley in a way... she was my favorite heroine for a long time, and I still have a fond place for her in my heart. We're alike. ;) Lovely blog! :)

    ♥ samantha
    www.heavenly-aspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! Yes, Anne is one of my favorite heroines too. :)
      Unfortunately I'm not posting lately, but hope you'll come back sometime once I'm in the swing of things again! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.