October 12, 2014

Tagged Thrice!

Awhile back, Heidi tagged me with The Sunshine Award! Thank you so much, Heidi! :)



1. If you could time travel, would you rather visit medieval England or 1800’s Paris?
Hmm.....I suppose 1800's Paris, Even though I prefer England. I'm not into the medieval times as much as the 1800's! Plus, two of my favorite musicals are set in 1800's France. Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables!

2. For relaxation: G.K. Chesterton, C.S. Lewis, or neither?
I've never read G. K. Chesterton, so I have to say C. S. Lewis!

3. Do you enjoy pie baking? Do you have a favorite kind (apple, cherry, etc.)?
I have never baked a pie. But I would love to learn! I like apple pie,

4. A particular way God has blessed you in the past week?
God has blessed us immensely in our new home! It's a wonderful house near a nice smaller town, and I thank Him sooooo much for getting us to this place in our lives!

5. Something summery and wonderful (i.e. something you did or are planning to do, something you learned, somewhere you’re planning to or have traveled)?
Hahahaha. Well, our move from Florida to Michigan was summery due to it's being summer. I wouldn't exactly call it wonderful though! Except for the end result, of course. ;)



And quite recently, Miss Jane Bennet tagged me with her new Janeite Tag! Thank you, Jane!!
Mrs. Brandon also tagged me with the Janeite Tag so I will be answering her questions as well.



~Tell how you were introduced to Jane Austen and share one fun fact about your Janeite life.
I was introduced to Jane Austen when I was 14 years old. I had heard of Jane Austen and knew my mom had seen some of the movies, so I kept asking her when I would be older enough to watch them! She finally deemed me "ready" at 14 and so we watched Pride and Prejudice 1995 together. I loved it! I immediately read the book afterwards (I know, I know-the movie before the book!! How shocking!), and ever since I've been a fan of Jane Austen. :)
My JA fun fact is that (and I know, this is a really lame fun fact) Mansfield Park is the first JA book I've read BEFORE seeing a movie adaption!


~Do you have a favorite Austen couple?  If so, what do you think their married life would be like?
That's such a hard question! Ummmm.....maybe Darcy and Elizabeth. I think they'd have a wonderful life of strolling the grounds at Pemberly, reading books, visiting Jane and Bingley and making an occasional trip to London or something with Georgianna. :) I think they'd have a son as their first child. 

~Who is your favorite minor character, in any of Miss Austen's books?
I LOVE Margaret Dashwood. She's so adorable and I think she needs her own story. I actually plan on writing a fan fiction about her. Someday. :)

~List 3-7 of your favorite Austen quotes.

"There is no charm equal to the tenderness of heart."

"There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort."

"To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment."



~How many JA books do you own?
Five-I own Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma, Northanger Abbey, and Mansfield Park. I also recently got a really cool book with all of the Jane Austen Juvenilia and her unfinished books like Sandition.

~What Austen character do you think you're most like?
I think I'm a mix of Lizzy, Emma, Elinor, and Catherine. Lizzy because I can be witty and lively, Emma because I can be stubborn and I do like to "match make" people in my mind ;), Elinor because I can be quiet and private, and Catherine because I'm imaginative, sometimes to a fault.

~Have you read the Juvenilia?
No, I have not! But as I said above I have it now and can't wait to read it!

~Favorite movie/TV adaptation of an Austen novel?
Well, I'm going to be completely unoriginal and say Pride and Prejudice 1995. Perfection.



Evie's Questions! Thanks so much, Evie!

What is your favourite Jane Austen minor couple?
I'd say Jane and Bingley but they're more than a "minor" couple to me. So next perhaps I'd say Jane Fairfax and Frank Churchill. 

Would you rather spend a weekend with Mr Wickham or Mr Willoughby?
What. WHAT.  What kind of question is this?!?!!  Spending the weekend with either one would be terrible...but at least with either of them you could try to teach them the evil of their ways, haha.
I think I'd pick Willoughby...if I HAVE to choose. 

You've been invited to a ball, what is your first reaction?
Squeal and scream and jump up and down and be excessively diverted!!

If you could choose a Jane Austen home to live in what would you choose? Netherfield? Pemberly?
Probably Pemberly. :)


Darcy or Bingley?













Darcy hands down.


Brandon or Ferras?
Oooh....that's hard. I might pick Edward...maybe. I just don't know. I still haven't read S&S so I don't really feel qualified to answer this yet. ;)

Knightley or Captain Wentwoth?
Mr. Knightley all the way.

Which character are you most like?
See above. :)


Unfortunately, I'm going to be breaking the rules and tagging nobody for the Janeite Tag. But I will say that anyone reading this who hasn't been tagged and would like to be...well, consider yourself tagged. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! Wonderful! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your answers. Haha sorry about the Wickham question, I agree fully! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love hearing more about my favorite bloggers, so I greatly enjoyed this post. :) And I am so glad to hear that you are settling well into your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much doing the tag! And I so enjoyed (all) your answers. ;) And oooohhh, you put up an "Emma" button! Thank you!! I'm so looking forward to that upcoming event. ;)

    And P.S. Your email is extremely high on my "to-do" list -- but I'm thinking it may be after the party. :P So much to do.... Still, I've finished all but one of the posts (the book review--which, of course, must be done! ;)) and I did finish reading Emma again just this afternoon, so matters are moving along!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evie~ Thanks! I really liked your questions! Haha, at least it was a very creative question! You don't get that one every day. :)

    Eowyn~Aw, thank you! And yes, I am very glad too. :)

    Heidi~ Thanks! I'm just sorry it took me so long! :) Your welcome! I'm looking forward to the Emma party very much! Oh take all the time you need on the email. I'm very busy too (behind in school work unfortunately) so I understand and empathize. Hope everything falls into place for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.