November 30, 2014

I'm So Glad We Live In A World With Octobers...and Novembers..and Decembers...

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting. I haven't had the time or inclination, honestly. I've been busy with our new house, new friends, keeping in contact with old friends, preparing for Christmas, working on schoolwork.....and tons of other stuff. :) (Like watching BBC Robin Hood for the first time. I'd like to do a review of it but...oh...how to describe my feeling for this show in one post....ugh)

Awhile ago (quite awhile ago..haha) I wanted to do a post on autumn (with the classic Anne of Green Gables quote that is so overused and yet I love anyways) and share some of my photography with you. I'm by no means a professional (I still have no idea what some of the features on my camera are ha) but I LOVE taking photos and would like to share some rather than having them sit away collecting dust (if computer files collect dust....) in my folders. So, here some and I hope you enjoy them! The colors of fall are so gorgeous to me, especially coming from a state where there's never a "real" fall. :) I'm so thankful to now have orange and red and yellow leaves to admire! (But they're all gone now, ha. Except for a few stubborn brown ones.)





















8 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie! These are awesome! What are you talking about, you're not a professional? ;-P

    Haha, I'm laughing because I had the same idea as you-- for an autumn post with pictures-- and I didn't get around to actually posting it in time and now it's just sitting in drafts collecting dust. Only I don't think I'll post it now, since I've already kind of officially (translate: definitely) moved on to Christmas. Haha. Oh well, next year!

    I enjoyed looking at these! And you really are a natural photographer. :-)

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite Montgomery lines... and I love your addition to it. :) I have not seen the new BBC Robin Hood, but I have seen the classic one from the 50's and totally love it! Have you seen it? The photos are lovely! I really like the fir ones especially. :)

    Eowyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...not a professional? I LOVE your photos! They're gorgeous!
    ~<>~Katie~<>~
    wingslikeaneagle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma Jane~Thank you so much! Trust me, I am no where near being a professional but your thinking so is definitely an encouragement!! Thank you for your kind words. :)
    Haha, I have so many unfinished drafts. I was happy to get around to finishing this one! That's funny you had one on autumn as well! :) But yes, it's now time for Christmas! Yay!

    Eowyn~Thank you! It is such a lovely Montgomery line isn't it? And yes, I love the fir tree ones too! I love practically anything with raindrops on it- and I love fir trees- so it was perfect. :)
    I have not seen the one from the 50s! I have seen the Errol Flynn (1938) version though. Who stars in the 50s version? I'll have to check it out!

    Kaitlyn~ Aw, thank you so much!! I hope to someday pursue photography as some sort of career so your encouragement is greatly appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie,
      Richard Greene is Robin Hood (you can actually see a picture of him on my High Noon sidebar!) and he is one of my favorite movie characters and all that, so yes, he is pretty incredible. :) You really must see it! :)

      Delete
    2. Eowyn,
      Thanks for responding! I definitely will try to check out that version of Robin Hood sometime! It sounds great. :)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous pictures! I wish I were motivated and talented enough to take more pictures. When I do take pictures, I take pictures of books. Books are (unsurprisingly) photogenic, and it doesn't take much to get a good picture of a book. XD I've been following your lovely blog for a couple of months, and I can't wait to read more posts!
    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elizabeth! (I love your name by the way-Elizabeth Anne is so beautiful and two of my favorite names ever!)
      Oh you're so right! I don't take many pictures of books but I should. :) Books are so wonderful.
      Aw thank you so much! I don't post very often (busy with real life...haha) but I appreciate that you stick around for when I do! :)

      Delete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.