January 1, 2015

Christmas+New Year's Tag!

Happy 2015, everyone, and I hope your Christmas was marvelous! Mine was quiet and spent at home (and pretty snow-less  *sob*) but altogether lovely. :) Here are some photos from the last couple of weeks-and some from November, when we got the snow.....



















I decided to do the New Year's tag that floats around the blogosphere. I'm not sure where the original tag came from but I just copied some of the questions from the blogs I read.
What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
I rode in a 20-something foot Penske truck, moved across 6 states (okay, so I did it once before when I was a baby but that doesn't count),  and completed segment 1 of drivers ed, just to name some of the "big" things!


Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and do you have any for next year? 
Well, I call my resolutions goals and treat them more as areas I always want to work on, not "I must do this in one year!" But, yes, I think I can say I've improved in some of my areas that I wanted to work on in 2014. Not all of them, but I grew it ways that wasn't on my goals list so it evens out.
As for 2015, I'm not really sure yet. But I do know I want to get better at investing my time and energy into things that last and matter and make me and others happy. I love this quote below. It kind of sums up my 2015 goals:



Did anyone close to you give birth? 
Nope.

Did anyone close to you get married?
Nope.

Did anyone close to you die? 
Does a chicken count...? Then, thankfully, no.

Travel? 
Haha, yes, in a manner of speaking...

Did you move anywhere? 
From Florida to Michigan.

What was the best month? 
Mmm......probably September because we moved into our new house, found a church, and I met a new friend. That was good month. :) October was also a really good month-we were all moved into our house, the trees were golden and red and orange, I was brave enough to cut my own bangs, and we were enjoying  our new lovely church and new friends-it was just really nice. 

What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014? 
Time and energy to devote to creative things like art, writing, and photography. 

What date(s) from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory? 
June 23rd, the day of our move, and September 3rd, the day we moved into our new house.

What was/were your biggest achievement(s) of the year? 
Well, I think moving across six states with NO movers was a pretty big accomplishment for our whole family! 

What was your biggest failure? 
Times during our move where I let my emotions and temper get the better of me....which happened many times I'm afraid.



Did you suffer illness or injury? 
Just an awful cold during our move. :P

What was the best thing you bought? 

Whose behavior merited celebration? 
My parents. They had to deal with a lot this year and with God's help and guidance they did!

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? 
Well, since I wouldn't be sharing the behavior of real people I know, I'll say Allan-a-Dale of BBC Robin Hood-he wasn't a villain but he was made me SO mad during the second season of the show....anyone who's seen it will know why...


Where did most of your money go? 
Garage sales....

What did you get really, really, really excited about? 
Our new house, my new camera, my new friend, and books and movies and lots of other things...

What song(s) will always remind you of 2014? 
"Up to Him" by Tracy Lawrence
"Never Once" by Matt Redman
"God Is" by Holly Starr

What do you wish you’d done more of?
Putting my best into every day.

What do you wish you’d done less of? 
Wasting time on the internet. Procrastinating.

How did you spend New Year’s Eve/Day? 
Watching Holiday on New Year's Eve with my family.

What was an unexpected surprise? 
Oh boy....I really don't know. There were so many surprising twists and turns to life this year.

What was your favorite TV show?
BBC Robin Hood and Hallmark's When Calls the Heart! Both of which are amaaaazzziiinng and I heartily recommend (although Robin Hood would need some parental guidance-just a warning).


Do you dislike anyone now that you didn’t dislike this time last year? 
Yup. Mostly because I didn't know them last year. 

What was the best books you read? 
Fireflies in December trilogy by Jennifer Erin Valent
Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkein
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
Chasing Jupiter by Rachel Coker
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
And many more!

What was your greatest musical discovery? 
Newsies and Les Miserables.


What were your favorite films you watched this year? 
Little Dorrit, Monsters University, Bleak House, Frozen, War Horse, Newsies, Les Miserables, Star Wars Episode 3, The Best Years of Our Lives, Lorna Doone, and the Scarlet Pimpernel are just a few. ;)

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 
I turned 16 and my family and I went to Greenfield Village.

What political issue stirred you the most? 
Afraid there wasn't one...except maybe for the struggle of the Romeike family to stay in the U.S. Thank the Lord, they were allowed!

What valuable life lesson(s) did you learn in 2014? 
Patience and forgiveness.

How did you spend Christmas?
At home with my family and watching It's a Wonderful Life.

Who was the best new person you met? 
My new friend from church. ;)


Did you fall in love in 2014?
-Hem- Do fictional characters count?


Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes, fictional characters. Rigaud, the Thenardiers, Mr. Skimpole, Sheriff of Nottingham, Isabella...

What did you want and get?
A piano and a camera.

What did you want and not get? 
The first house my family was thinking of buying. Due to circumstances beyond our control, the deal fell through and we had to find a different house. At the time it was devastating but now I am SO SO SO thankful that God had something better planned for us! I'm so glad I didn't get what I wanted. ;)

What kept you sane?
Jesus Christ. He got me through a lot of rough waters this year and I thank Him for helping me-and for the learning experience it gave me.


What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Hmm. I don't know. It was pretty satisfying overall. Oh! I know!
Having tons of snow at Christmas. :P

Who did you miss?
Grandparents and friends back in Florida. And my cats.

Five things I want to do in 2015:
Get my drivers license, practice more in photography, finish writing a book, finish decorating my room, and play the piano at church.

Five people I’d like to know better in 2015:
New friends and acquaintances at church. And friends I've made through blogging!

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Matt Redman-Never Once


"Standing on this mountaintop
Looking just how far weve come
Knowing that for every step
You were with us
Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much Youve done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us
Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say
Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own

You are faithful, God, You are faithful.."

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like you've had a very full and rewarding year! I hope the new one is even more wonderful, and full of excitement and joy and everything you can imagine. :-)

    Again, I am in awe of your photography skills. So awesome! :-)

    Sadly, we didn't have snow for Christmas either (and I live in NY, so it was like, WUUUT.) It's here now, though. TOO LATE. Haha.

    There was something else I was going to say....oh yes! My sister got When Calls the Heart for Christmas, and we've been watching it the past few nights. I'm enjoying it, although I can't help poke fun of it a little at times...it IS a Michael Landon Jr. series, and I kind of have to do that. It's my prerogative in life, haha. ;-P

    Happy New Year, Natalie! :-)

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Natalie! I just wanted to say, you have a lovely blog! Great post, I love your photography!
    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thank you so much for commenting. Sorry it took me awhile to respond!
    Emma Jane~Thank you! I hope your year is marvelous as well! Aw, thank you so much. Your encouragement means so much. :)
    Haha, we have snow now too-if only it came a little sooner!
    Oh, I'm glad to meet someone else who enjoys it! But yes, I understand what you mean-it's very easy to poke fun at it! Some of it's just so cliche and....annoying.. haha I find it gets better as the series progresses though...but that's just my opinion! :)
    Happy (late) New Year to you too, and thanks for commenting!

    Elizabeth~ Happy New Year to you too! Thank you so much for your sweet and encouraging comment! I appreciate it so much. :)
    Have a great 2015!

    ReplyDelete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.