March 16, 2015

The Bookshelf Tag

I love bookshelves. I love organizing them and looking at them and checking out other people's bookshelves. You can tell a lot about a person from their book shelves. :)
And plus, I love books, so hey, a bookshelf is going to be the first thing to attract my attention when I walk into your house! ;)

I don't usually like doing tags (because I'd rather spend blogging time on an "actual" post) but as I was sitting in bed doing schoolwork one day I thought up this tag and had to make it. I hope you enjoy!


*I got the picture from Pinterest. Hopefully it's okay to use it. -crosses fingers-

Usually you "tag" someone and then they answer the questions on their blog, but I'm going to skip that step and just invite anyone who wishes to answer the questions!
Please link back to my blog if you do so. Thanks!

Some "rules":
The book (s) you answer with must be from your bookshelf.
And include a picture of your bookshelf if you'd like to and if possible (if not, no big deal. Include pictures of your dream bookshelf, if you wish!)


The Bookshelf Tag~

Describe your bookshelf (or wherever it is you keep your books-it doesn't actually have to be a shelf!) and where you got it from: It's tall, has 6 shelves, and is painted light cream. It used to be in my family's den, but when we moved I got to keep the bookshelf in my room because the house we bought already had a built in bookshelf. Yay!

Do you have any special or different way of organizing your books?
I mostly organize by my favorite books and such (like, my favorites are in easy reach haha). I keep books by the same author and series together.

What's the thickest (most amount of pages) book on your shelf?
Les Miserables...

What's the thinnest (least amount of pages) book on your shelf?
Probably a cute picture book about Disney's Cinderella that was published in the 70's. A whopping 22 pages, folks.

Is there a book you received as a birthday gift or a Christmas gift?
Yes, the Cherry Ames books I have were given to me over a couple birthdays and Christmases.

What's the smallest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?
I don't know. I don't have any excessively small books. Probably my copy of The Little Princess.

What's the biggest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?
Little Women. It's a big copy.

Is there a book from a friend on your shelf?
Yes, a couple of my Little House on the Prairie books were given to my by some friends.

Most expensive book?
I'm not really sure...I get most of my books from thrift stores or from Amazon and for those that probably were more expensive I can't remember. I have two books that were both priced $20 retail but I got them for free, so......  :/

The last book you read on your shelf?
Becoming Nikki by Ashley Elliot!

Of all the books on your shelf, which was the first you read?
Oh goodness...maybe Little House on the Prairie?

Do you have more than one copy of a book?
Yes, I have two copies of Anne of Green Gables and two copies of A Tale of Two Cities.

Do you have the complete series of any book series?
I have all the Anne books, and all of the Violet and Millie books from the A Life of Faith series.


What's the newest addition to your shelf?
Again, Becoming Nikki.

What book has been on your shelf FOREVER?
A couple Animal Inn books. They're cute but nothing special. Just one of my favorites when I was young.... haha.

What's the most recently published book on your shelf?
.......Becoming Nikki... (This book is getting a lot of free publicity hahaha)

The oldest book on your shelf (as in, the actual copy is old)?
My copy of The Littlest Rebel by Edward Peple was published in 1914!! I didn't even know I had a book that old. I haven't read it yet, though, so I can't recommend it yet.

A book you won?
Tales for Little Ears by Heidi Peterson! I have yet to read it but I can't wait to!

A book you'd hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you never let someone borrow)?
Mmm...as long as someone returns my books (still in good condition) I'd probably let them borrow any....I might be loath to lend out any book that I've had for a long time (so long that it's MY copy) like my copy of Emma by Jane Austen.

Most beat up book?
Again, The Littlest Rebel by Edward Peple. Either that or Donna Parker in Hollywood by Marcia Martin.

Most pristine book?
Most of my books are in preeetty good condition....perhaps the Fireflies in December books by Jennifer Erin Valent because they're so new.


A book from your childhood?
Meet Felicity from American Girl. :)

A book that's not actually your book?
The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis. It's my dad's.

A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover etc.)?
One of my copies of A Tale of Two Cities is a fuzzy, light pink cover....so pretty, haha. See the right of the picture below for it. (haha and you can see my Phantom of the Opera tickets tucked into my Phantom of the Opera book. 16 more days!!!!)

A book that is your favorite color?
Along the Shore by L.M. Montgomery....a lovely, soft aqua color. :)

Book that's been on your shelf the longest that you STILL haven't read?
Hem....I have a LOT of books I've had forever and still haven't read..... On Hope's Wings by Melody Carlson, War Horse by Michael Morpurgo, Once Upon a Summer by Janette Oke, Lorna Doone by R.D. Blackmore, Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell. and Jane Austen's Minor Works....and there's still more.....I guess I better get to work...
Any signed books?
Eloise of Westhaven: Not Just a Kid and Eloise of Westhaven: Love is Patient. 


Hope you enjoy! Remember, feel free to answer the questions-I'm not tagging anyone! :)

Here are the questions again, for easy copying purposes:

The Bookshelf Tag~
Describe your bookshelf (or wherever it is you keep your books-it doesn't actually have to be a shelf!) and where you got it from:
Do you have any special or different way of organizing your books?
What's the thickest (most amount of pages) book on your shelf?
What's the thinnest (least amount of pages) book on your shelf?
Is there a book you received as a birthday gift?
What's the smallest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?
What's the biggest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?
Is there a book from a friend on your shelf?
Most expensive book?
The last book you read on your shelf?
Of all the books on your shelf, which was the first you read?
Do you have more than one copy of a book?
Do you have the complete series of any book series?
What's the newest addition to your shelf?
What book has been on your shelf FOREVER?
What's the most recently published book on your shelf?
The oldest book on your shelf (as in, the actual copy is old)?
A book you won?
A book you'd hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you never let someone borrow)?
Most beat up book?
Most pristine book?
A book from your childhood?
A book that's not actually your book?
A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover etc.)?
A book that is your favorite color?
Book that's been on your shelf the longest that you STILL haven't read?
Any signed books?


43 comments:

  1. How fun! (And how did you know I needed a good posting idea this week??? ;)) Hoping to do it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I guess it's just a sixth sense....:) I'm so glad! I can't wait to see your answers!

      Delete
  2. What a fun tag! Would you mind if I tagged myself in this? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, of course not! The more the merrier! I can't wait to read your answers! :)

      Delete
  3. OH. YES.

    This...this I am doing. Soon.

    (But I have to do something else in between lest my readers "unfollow" me because I do so many book tags, hehe.)

    Brilliantly done tag, Natalie! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooooooh lovely lovely lovely! *rubs hands together with glee* what a delightful post to do when I come back to blogging, since we are moving it might be a long time coming.. all my books are packed but I can take a few photos of random books! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I'm a bookshelf fanatic. Every time I go to someone's house I unconsciously look for their bookshelf, and then I'll kind of stand there and stare for several minutes {or hours}. ;-P

    Wow, yours is so beautiful! And I think I used to have a little doll just like the one sitting in the middle of the top shelf....I named her Gretel. It made me smile to see yours.

    This is an awesome tag....it may be popping up on my blog soon. Thanks!

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super fun! I'm totally going to do it. Later, on the laptop, so I can carry it into the library and answer lots of these easily instead of having to walk back and forth a hundred times :-)

    I didn't know there were new versions of the Cherry Ames books. I MUST go find these! All I've ever seen are the old ones from when my mom was a kid! They look like your Vicki books (which are also fun). Are those newer editions paperback or hard cover?

    My brother and I bought our mom that exact edition of Les Miserables for her birthday when we were kids. Super thick book!

    Great pictures, and great idea for a tag :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally had time to finish this off today :-) My version is here. Thanks for creating this fun tag!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Hamlette! I'll be checking it out/commenting soon! :)

      Delete
  7. Arwen~Thanks so much! I can't wait for your post on it! :)

    Evie~ I can't wait to read your post! I hope all goes well with your move.....I know how hard it can be. Haha, my books were packed up in boxes for a looong time....it was SO exciting to finally unpack them!

    Emma~Thanks so much! Yes, haha, bookshelves are fascinating. Especially when the books are ones you love!
    Aww, that's so neat. The doll you mentioned is name Betsy after the girl in The Betsy Tacy books. The other two dolls are Tib and Tacy. :)

    Hamlette~Thanks! I can't wait to read your post! Haha, yes, even though I was next to my bookshelf when answering it I had to stand up and check the shelves every minute or so. :)
    The newer editions are hardcover and soooo pretty. They come in a boxed set of four and you can get them on Amazon.
    Haha, I think EVERY version of Les Mis is super thick, but that one especially. :)

    Thanks so much, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Natalie! I'm new here, but I really like this tag (and your blog, too). I think I'll be borrowing it in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amanda!!
      Thanks so much for commenting and following and for doing my tag! I really appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  9. Natalie, I have to thank you SO much for creating this tag! I had so much fun answering them. :-) Your shelf is darling - the books look beautiful too. And, I know it's random, but that teacup made me seriously swoon. :-)
    Haha, I take pictures from Pinterest the whole time. It should be all right. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO glad you enjoyed the tag, Naomi! I see you posted your answers on your blog and will be leaving a comment soon! :)

      Thanks so much! Oh yes, the teacup. I LOVE old fashioned teacups. One of our old neighbors gave us a whole box of beautiful teacups and such. (wasn't that the BEST???) We didn't keep all of them, but we kept our favorites and now have probably 10 teacups in various places of our house. The one on the bookshelf is my favorite. :)

      Haha, I'm glad! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  10. Oh, another thing--did I read that you have Phantom of the Opera tickets *squeals*?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YOU DID IT'S 11 DAYS AWAY NOW AND I DON'T KNOW HOW I'M GOING TO HANDLE THE EXCITEMENT.
      I'm hoping to do some sort of post reviewing our show and perhaps reviewing the 25th anniversary edition at the same time. We'll see!
      *squeals*!!!!

      Delete
    2. Wait what?! THATS SO EXCITING I DONT KNOW HOW YOU CAN COPE AHHHHHHHH :D

      Delete
    3. I KNOW!!!!!! :D :D I noticed your post on the bookshelf tag and that you saw Wicked now! I'll be commenting soon!! :)

      Delete
    4. THAT'S SO EXCITING, NATALIE!!!!
      Oh, my goodness. You must post about it. Yes. Indeed. (I use to many periods…)
      AND YES REVIEW THE 25TH!!!!!

      Delete
    5. Oh my word, you changed your name! hahaha I was like, "who's Olivia?" ;)
      Now I understand! :) Yes!!!! I know, I'm SO excited!!!! Okay! I definitely will try. It might take me awhile but I know you want me to, so.... :)

      Delete
  11. Yay! This tag is going to be so much fun! (Once I get my room back in order from being painted...)
    Yes! That's how I organize mine mostly!
    You have so many awesome, vintage books!
    You have basically the same Anne of Green Gables book I do!
    Thanks soo much for making this tag :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ashley!! I'll look forward to reading your post!
      Haha, yes, I used to be able to find a LOT of vintage books at the Goodwill bookstores that we went to-all for 2 or 3 dollars each. :)

      Delete
  12. Great Tag Natalie! I did this on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea for a tag.
    I'm definitely gonna do it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Natalie - I found this tag on Hamlette's blog and it looked like so much fun I had to do it myself. Here's my answers: http://www.thesecondsentence.blogspot.com/2015/03/bookshelf-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! I discovered this tag through Elisabeth Grace Foley's blog and decided to participate. You can find my answers here: http://aint-we-got-fun.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-bookshelf-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. EEEP!! I'm SO excited to redo this! I've finally unpacked my books!
    E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!! I was SO excited to finally unpack my books after moving. :)

      Delete
  17. What a neat idea for a tag! I love talking about my books. Here's my post: https://marissabaker.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/the-bookshelf-tag/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for doing the tag, Marissa! I will check out your post soon. :)

      Delete
  18. We moved AGAIN! So here we go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! I hope it all went well! :)

      Delete
    2. Now to photograph everything!

      Delete
    3. I have my classics sorted..I lost my copy of Les Mis in the move!

      Delete
  19. Hello, lovely blog! My post is in Finnish, but there are some pics, too:
    http://liiolii.blogspot.fi/2016/03/the-bookshelf-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Liiolii! Your name is beautiful and I'm so honored that you did my tag! :D

      Delete
  20. Hi Natalie! I know it's been a while since you made this tag but I just found it and used in on my blog which you can find here https://novelsinthenighttime.wordpress.com/2016/08/29/the-bookshelf-tag/ Thankyou!

    PS: I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love hearing that people still use this tag! :D
      And aww, thanks, I'm so happy to hear that! :)

      Delete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.