April 19, 2015

Jonathon Crombie~also known as Gilbert Blythe




Everyone, I have some sad and surprising news. Jonathan Crombie, the actor who became the perfect Gilbert Blythe for us, is dead.  I found out yesterday that he died on April 15th, of a brain hemorrhage.

I'm not one to cry over actors' deaths, because I know they aren't actually the character I love, but I was still very surprised and saddened. He was only 48!  I only hope Jonathan Crombie gave his life to Jesus before he died. 

When I was reading about his death some family members said in the article that he always loved his role of Gilbert Blythe and would even answer to the name of Gilbert, when called so by fans or such. So sweet! It sounds like he was a lot like the character he played, temperate and personality wise.

Sadly, beside the fact that he died, this also means my secret hopes of a Rilla of Ingleside sequel are squashed. :(

So, without further ado, here's a tribute to my favorite hero EVER,  Gilbert Blythe, brought to life by Jonathan Crombie. He was a talented actor who will always and forever be Gilbert Blythe to me. 

Anne and Gil...

heehee

the first meeting!

Or say "I'm soory!"

Like, seriously, Anne, what was wrong with you. Gilbert is the best guy ever.

Awwwwww

The wink....;)


I will always love Gilbert Blythe. Thank your for portraying him so well, Jonathan. <3

20 comments:

  1. Oh no, our dear Jonathon (it's spelt with an o?) is no longer here! Now there'll not be any Rilla of Ingleside!!!! Oh nooo. :-(

    But that aside, I have to say this post was splendid. All zee pictures here make me smile. Gilbert Blythe is such a charming fella. My favourite part is where he lets Anne have his place. HE'S SUCH A GENTLEMAN. :-D

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! I just realized I've been spelling his name wrong! :S I'll go fix that....
      I know. :( I really truly thought a Rilla of Ingleside could happen.

      But yes. Me too. :) Gil is simply the best. And yes, SUCH a gentleman! I love gentlemanly heroes!! :)

      Delete
  2. I just heard this as well!....I was also thinking that, I hope he gave his life to Jesus! Thanks for this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That's kind of always the first thing that runs through my mind when I hear of some actor or other famous person dying.
      Thank you for commenting! :)

      Delete
  3. Ohhh!!! *sniffles* How sad. ;-( He was so young! Farewell, Gilbert. You'll always be a kindred spirit to me.

    This was a beautiful tribute, Natalie!

    *wipes tears*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :'( Yes, isn't it? :( Thanks for your sweet comment. Gil will always be a kindred spirit to me too. :)

      Delete
  4. Natalie,
    *sniff" I share your sadness! Like you, I know of course that they aren't really that character, but it's sad all the same...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read about this on FB and was very sad :-( So young!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in stories I think they are real, this is one of those, thank you Gil for serving fan girls around the world...too sad *wails

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sad:'( He was just so young that it's hard to believe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eowyn- Yes, it is sad all the same. :(
    Hamlette- Wasn't he, though? :(
    Quinn~ This is one of the stories I get very wrapped up in, as well. Gil's one of my favorite heroes.... :(
    Olivia~ I know. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. All right, may I just say...your new header is basically beauty personified:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just about to say the same thing. It's BEAUTIFUL, Natalie. :-)

      Delete
    2. Olivia, Naomi, and Evie: Thank you SO much! :D I'm so glad you like it!

      Delete
  10. Thank you for such a wonderful tribute to him. I think I found out April 17th, but I still am so sad. I certainly do hope he knew Jesus. I am praying for his soul. It doesn't seem right for him to be gone so young. He will dearly be missed.

    By the way, I love your blog Natalie. I look forward to more posts! I dearly share your love of all things Anne! I found you through Emma
    @ A Lantern in Her Hand. Keep up the good work!

    God bless,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that's heartbreaking. I only wish that more people knew about him. He was such a talented actor that he deserves recognition, but I guess this is a good testimony to how you can't take any of it with you. None of his acting or achievements mattered in the end, only whether he was saved, or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. It really is a great reminder. :)

      Delete
  12. Natalie, I read your post like.....weeks(?!) ago and you did such a lovely job I wanted to make sure to come back and comment.

    It's so sad!!! He was definitely a wonderful Gilbert....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, Thank you for your sweet comment! I hope you'll enjoy my blog. :) Thanks for stopping by!! (And yay, another Anne fan! :))

    Laura, Yes, wasn't he though? It's too bad he wasn't in more period dramas...but then again, I'd never see him as anything but Gilbert, so I guess it's all right. :)

    Heidi, Aw, thank you! :) I'm glad you commented.

    ReplyDelete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.