April 15, 2015

Randomly Random Tag by Miss Naomi Bennet

Hello, all! I have been tagged by Naomi of Wonderland Creek for her new tag she created. It's random and fun and nonsensical and I love the questions she concocted.


The rules for the tag are:
~ Paste the button onto your blog post.
~ Leave a new list of questions (or just pass on the question list you answered) and tag a few people of your random choice (and say why you tagged them, if you have time!) (Be original and nonsensical in your question-creativity - make the blogging world a cheerful place :-) And be disastrously random.)
Now for the fun...
~Write down three facts about you - one of them is WRONG. Let your commenters guess in the comments which one is wrong (and tell them in the comments after a while)
~Answer the questions of the person who tagged you - make it all super random and interesting :-D


Allrighty, first off here are my 3 facts-one of which is NOT true. You must guess which that one is.

1) I  cut my hair into a shoulder length bob.
2) I can't stand mashed potatoes.
3) I find the below picture hilariously funny





How I wish for an outfit like this...
 


Questions:

Are there flowers in your bedroom?

No, unless you count a tiny little bunch of dried out flowers. I love flowers though, so if someone gave me some I would definitely keep them in my room.


Who was your first - really first - (fictional) crush?
Hmm. My very first? I'll have to think about that one.....
Perhaps Ricky from the I Love Lucy show. I was about 10 years old and had such a crush on him that I wanted to marry a Cuban when a grew up-like, a Cuban who looked like him and sang like him, of course.
I'm so embarrassed. 

Thank you for summing up my feelings on this subject, Ricky.



What is, in your opinion, the prettiest Little House Book cover?
Mmm.....such a hard question....probably Little Town on the Prairie. It's also one of my favorites to read out of the series.

On pictures, do you smile with your teeth or without?
I always smile with teeth. I think my closed smile can look a little strange sometimes, haha.
Joan Fontaine is soooo pretty! Look at her hair!  Have you seen her in any movies?

In 'Return to Cranford' Miss Matty gets a turban. What do you think of her in a turban?
I don't like regency turbans. On anyone. And especially on Miss Matty. True, she looks adorable in anything, but bonnets suit her better and I just love regency bonnets.

Did you get fooled this year on April the 1st?
Mmmmm....nope. Well, I was momentarily fooled by the addition of a "music" button on Youtube videos, but other than that I can't think of anything.


This is a random post after all so you get a bunch of random pictures. :)

Do you think it's rude when girls re-do their whole hairstyle in public?
No, I can't think of a time I was ever annoyed by a girl re-doing her hair. Ponytails and buns and headbands all need adjusting from time to time. :) I know I personally feel like I touch and check my hair waaayyy too much but my hair is pretty hard to deal with sometimes so...
am I going off topic? Yes. I am. So sorry.


What's your least favourite song in 'The Sound of Music?'
Probably "Climb Every Mountain". It's a pretty song but I don't care for the nun's voice very much. And it's kind of long...


Do you chew your inside cheeks when you're thinking?
Haha, yes, I do, but I try not to....

Your how-many-ienth post is this?
If you haven't seen Newsies you are missing out on something amazing.
This will be my 81st post! Hmmm.....I need to be thinking of something special for my 100th post....any ideas? A  Q&A  perhaps?

What's your favourite Dickens movie?
Little Dorrit is my absolute, ultimate, favorite  Dickens movie. 
Unless they make a version of A Tale of Two Cities with Tom Hiddleston as Sydney Carton. Then I may have to change my mind.
PLEASE DO THIS, BBC!!
I can't even begin to imagine how perfect he'd be as Sydney Carton. Please, oh, please, oh please...

What should you be doing right now?
Zip-lining Robin Hood-style with an archery bow, of course.


Just kidding, I should be ironing some clothes.

Do it. ;-)
If I must..... :)


Thank you SO much for this fun tag, Naomi!
I tag anyone who wishes to fill out this tag! Even if it's just in comments. (I hope you don't mind, Naomi!)

Here are my questions:

1) Favorite period drama movie?
2) What color looks the best on you, clothing-wise?
3) If you had $100 you had to spend selfishly (e.g. an outfit you don't really NEED or a book collection that is available at the library but you just want to own it) what would you get?
4) Do you dream in color or black and white?
5) What's your easiest hairstyle that you use when in a hurry?
6)  What is your middle name? (if you don't mind sharing)
7) Favorite vintage celebrity?
8) What are you looking forward to most this week?
9) What was one of your favorite moments this past week?
hahaha

13 comments:

  1. I'm guessing your lie is #3? I don't know;)

    Joan Fontaine, Joan Fontaine…I KNOW I've seen her somewhere…

    Ooh! Is that awesome pink picture of Katharine Hepburn or Audrey Hepburn? (Or neither, as I suppose it could be.)

    YESYESYES, do a Q&A! I do so enjoy Q&As;)

    TOM HIDDLESTON NEEDS TO BE SYDNEY CARTON. It just needs to happen.

    We all want to zip-line like Robin Hood;)

    Since you didn't tag anyone specifically, I'm gonna answer your questions, even though I already answered Naomi's XD
    1) My favorite period drama movie? As in, ultimate favorite? B - b - but that's impossible! My top four favorites are Wives and Daughters, Sense and Sensibility (2008), North and South (2004) and Little Women (1994). Assuming we're not talking vintage period drama, of course.
    2) I think I look best in most shades of blue.
    3) I would totally spend a selfish $100 on books and movies;)
    4) I dream in color, as far as I know.
    5) I usually don't do anything with my hair, haha, but if I do, I'll often do either a bun, a French twist, or a braid.
    6) My middle name is Ann. ("Plain, old, unromantic…" Haha, no, I like my middle name. Even if it doesn't have an 'e'.)
    7) This question is cruel *pouts*. But Gregory Peck. Because you really can't beat Gregory Peck.
    8) Hmm…probably an event with my friends that's going on later this week:D
    9) This past week, I really enjoyed just drinking in spring in great gulps of delight, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, good try, my lie was #2. I love mashed potatoes!!

      Have you seen JF in Rebecca? It's soooooo good. Watch it!! :)

      It's Audrey. :) Isn't it gorgeous???

      Thanks for the vote! I definitely think a Q&A would be really fun! I'd love to do it in vlog format but I'm not sure if I'm ready to reveal my face to the whole online world... ;)

      Thanks so much for doing my questions! Haha, I'd totally spend $100 on books and movies too. YES. Gregory Peck. I have recently come to the conclusion he is my ultimate favorite vintage actor. :)
      Have fun with your friends! And I too have been drinking in spring. I spend hardly any time indoors anymore haha. :)

      Delete
  2. This is was awesome to read! And I'm guessing your lie is #1 - although if it's 3 you're very clever. :-)

    Joan Fontaine is SO beautiful! I think all those vintage actresses were, when it comes to that. :-)
    I agree with you on the turban subject. The end.
    Oh yes! You should do an 'ask-me-anything' post for your 100th one. It's so cool to organise, in my opinion. I have my 'ask-me-anything' post rolling in July (yes, that one I scedule. I want it to be a yearly thing, you see!)
    I just watched the 1986 (I think that's the date, I'm not sure) version of a Tale of Two Cities - and I AGREE. Tom Hiddleston. And then J.J Field should play the guy who looks like him. Because they look so similar. YEEEEES THIS MUST HAPPEN! I should write BBC a letter!
    Haha, no, I don't mind about you not tagging anyone. Tagging is TIRING. :-)

    Aaaand now I'm going to answer your questions because they are so fun.

    1) Favorite period drama movie?
    Pride and Prejudice 1995. Now that's a question I can answer easily, funny enough, although I have loads of favourites. P&P will always remain my bestest-favouritest-movie. :-)

    2) What color looks the best on you, clothing-wise?
    *I* think blue and pink suit me well. Light colours do, in general; Oh, and Navy Blue. (Haha, I suddenly realised I typed down all my favourite colours. I actually don't really know what colours suit me - I only know what colours DON'T suit me.)

    3) If you had $100 you had to spend selfishly (e.g. an outfit you don't really NEED or a book collection that is available at the library but you just want to own it) what would you get?
    Books and clothes. And movie.

    4) Do you dream in color or black and white?
    Apparently, everyone dreams in black and white. I read that somewhere. But I've never noticed either.

    5) What's your easiest hairstyle that you use when in a hurry?
    A high bun. I do those a lot.

    6) What is your middle name? (if you don't mind sharing)
    Sarah (spelt with an H!)

    7) Favorite vintage celebrity?
    Jimmy Stewart for the guys and Grace Kelly - or no, Judy Garland, for the girls.

    8) What are you looking forward to most this week?
    Sunday... I want a day of pure rest.

    9) What was one of your favorite moments this past week?
    The evenings - writing and blogging in my bed before I went to sleep.

    Thanks, Natalie, this was fun!
    ~ Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, nope, sorry, my lie is number 2. :) I did in fact cut my hair into a (longish) bob! :)
      Thanks! I am sooooo looking forward to my Q&A post now! :) It'll be so fun.
      And YES! Tom Hiddleston and J.J. Field is exactly who should be in it! It's so perfect I can't believe BBC (or SOMEBODY) hasn't done it! I can't decide who I'd like to play Lucie though....
      We should ALL write BBC a letter!! :D
      Thanks for answering my questions!
      Really? Because I am pretty positive I dream in color. Like, I'll wake up and remember what the color of something was in my dream! haha
      High buns are so cute!!
      Yay Jimmy Stewart! :D
      By the way, did you receive my last email? No rush to reply, I just wanted to make sure you got it. :)

      Delete
    2. Natalie,
      Yes I did get your email - I'm sorry I haven't replied yet - I've been busy and all that. I'll try to reply as soon as possible, promise! :-)
      Yes, we should ALL write BBC a letter! :-)
      Well, I'm not sure about the dreams - I just heard that somewhere. It might have been wrong. :-)
      Lucie should be Rosamund Pike - but then a little younger. :-) I think Pike would make a splendid Lucie, don't you?

      ~ Naomi

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Naomi! I got your reply the other day. :) Don't worry about it, I completely understand about being busy and all. :)
      Hmmmm....Rosamund Pike. I'm not sure. I have this image of Lucie in my head, but I've never seen an actress who "fits" for me. Isn't that annoying when you're either reading a book or casting a character and you can SEE them SO clearly, and yet have no idea who it is??? :)

      Delete
    4. YES, I see what you mean, I've had that SO often!.... I'm not THAT sure about Rosamund Pike - but I do think she'd make a good Lucie if she were a little more youthful in age. :-) I do think Lucie should be blonde, don't you?

      Delete
    5. Yes! Lucie should most definitely be a blonde. :)

      Delete
  3. I find the picture below hilariously funny. :-)

    Hmm, I'm guessing your lie is #2?

    Tom Hiddleston as Sydney Carton! Ohhhh! Actually when I read the book I picture him with dark hair (I have a habit of picturing practically everyone in books with dark hair), but I could be brought to chance my mind. That would be SO awesome!

    Annnnd since your questions look like so much fun, I think I'll go ahead and answer them!

    #1 My favorite period drama movies are the Horatio Hornblower series; they're eight movies, but they all go together and I SIMPLY cannot bring myself to pick a favorite. Well, I kind of have two favorites. The third and the sixth. BUT THEY'RE ALL AMAZING.
    #2 People tell me I look very nice in orange.
    #3 Hmm....I'd spend it on books and soundtracks and piano music and craft supplies. I am a terrible person. ;-P
    #4 I'm pretty sure I dream in color...
    #5 I hardly ever do anything remarkable in the least with my hair. It's almost always either down or in a ponytail, occasionally I'll conscript my sister to braid it for me. Normally, though, I kind of forget it's there.
    #6 My middle name is Jane! I love it. :-)
    #7 Um.....Jimmy Stewart. No, Judy Garland. One of those two.
    #8 Practicing driving and watching the Hornblower movies!!!!
    #9 My favorite moment was sitting outside on the little bridge in the woods, reading a letter from my bestie across the ocean. :-)

    This post made me smile. :-) Have a wonderful day, Natalie dear!

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, We have the same two favourite vintage celebrities! :-) And I just had to say: I'm SO glad my letter FINALLY arrived. :-)

      Delete
    2. Emma! You're correct! haha My lie was indeed #2.
      When I read the book, I pictured Sydney Carton with dark hair as well! Ronald Coleman is kind of my perfect idea of Sydney Carton, but if a new version was made I would vote Hiddleston all the way. :)
      Thanks for doing my questions!!
      Ah, I really want to see the HH series. How is it, content wise? Any language or inappropriateness?
      Haha, I can't believe you two both answered with Jimmy Stewart and Judy Garland! No wonder you're best friends!! ;D
      You have a wonderful day, as well, Emma! :)

      Delete
    3. While reading this I had two thoughts.
      1. it was super fun to read. Rather random, but extremely fun and amusing. :)
      2. I am SOOOO relieved that your lie was #2 because I think it would be absolutely wrong to hate mashed potatoes. just sayin'. :)

      Delete
    4. HAHA, I agree. Mashed potatoes are my favorite form of potatoes. I don't really like them any other way but mashed. :)

      Delete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.