June 22, 2015

Sisterhood of the Blogger World Award!

Both Emma and Miss March tagged me for the ....



Thank you both!! :)  (I won't be tagging anyone today......sorry!)

Emma's questions:

#1 Do you like county fairs?
Welll.....yes and no. I went to a big one awhile back on a hot, dry day and had a very bad experience...I vowed never to go to one again, But just recently I did a 5k run and afterwards there was a (smaller) fair in the town park. It was a beautiful evening (the sun was sinking gloriously behind the pine trees and I wished desperately that I had my camera with me!) and we went on one ride and it was a really fun day. So, I guess it depends on the fair. :)


#2 Were you ever in some sort of club as a kid?
Ha! Yes! I had a group of friends and we made up this club called "The Fairy Club". We all had our respective fairy characters with super powers and we played as them and made up stories about them, It was fun. I can't even remember how we came up with the idea.

#3 What's one of the first movies you remember seeing?
Mmm...probably a classic Disney movie like Cinderella.

#4 Which would you rather do: hop in your old pickup truck and go for an unexpected adventure, or sit on the back porch with a good novel on a warm summer evening?
Can I say both?!?! If I can't I might have to go with the unexpected adventure in the pickup truck. :)


#5 Do you enjoy live concerts?
Never been to one, but I'm sure I would enjoy it. :)

#6 Which do you read more of: historical fiction or contemporary fiction?
Historical!

#7 Do you like country music?
Yes!

#8 If you could play any role in a musical, who would you chose?
Any role? As in, I had the talent and voice to do so? Hmm....I have so many roles I'd love to play...Christine from Phantom, Katharine from Newsies, Eponine from Les Mis....shall I continue?


#9 Do you ever put your feet up on the dashboard when riding in a car?
Yup. But I usually take them down if someone is going to pass us, haha.

#10 Can you tell us a funny story of something that happened to you in the last week/month/ever? A little girl at church wanted to "play house" and dubbed my friend the "mom" and me the "dad". hahahaha We persuaded her I could be the aunt. ;)


Thanks Emma!



Miss March's questions:

1.  Do you tend to stay up late or go to bed early?
Stay up late.

2.  What is one of your favorite TV shows?
Hallmark's When Calls the Heart. Even though season 2 wasn't as good as the first season....and the ending was cruel and unjust and terrible and I can't believe they did that to us.

3.  Did you have a special blankie or toy that you loved very much as a kid?
A stuffed bunny in a ballerina dress that I named (uncreatively haha) Ballerina Bunny.

4.  What's your favorite birthday dessert?
I think carrot cake is my favorite.

5.  What's one movie you would really like to own?
Only one? Perhaps Little Dorrit.

6.  Are you a confident person or a less than confident person?
Less confident...but I'm working on it.

7.  What is one book that you would like to see made into a movie?
Only one??? Fine. I'd like to see The Betsy Tacy books made into a movie.
I saw the picture below of Trini Alvarado (Meg March) and thought she'd be perfect as Betsy. I put a picture of the real Betsy (with Tacy and Tib on either side of her) alongside...what do you think? Of course, she's too old now....


8.  Does it take you a long time to write a blog post?
Yes. :(

9.  If you could visit any country in the world, which would it be?
England!

10. What's one flavor of ice cream that you do not like?
Hmm....I actually don't care for chocolate ice cream that much. It's okay, but I'd rather have vanilla. :)

Thanks Miss March!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you were able to answer all the questions! I feel like I've gotten to know you a little bit better through reading your answers.

    Your fairy club sounds very creative. Much more so than the clubs we had growing up. :)

    You like to put your feet up on the dashboard, but usually take them down if somebody is going to pass you? Ha ha! That would be me, too!

    I've never seen When Calls the Heart, but I've heard of it. How many seasons does it have? Is it still running? Oh, dear, a bad ending? That's not nice. Happy endings are the best.

    Ha ha! Ballerina Bunny! Yes, that's very creative! :) I had a stuffed elephant. From what I've been told I was trying to call him "baby" and it came out as "bubby," so he's been Bubby ever since. He's a little the worse for wear being now a whopping 23 years old! I've had him ever since I was a baby myself.

    Little Dorrit! Yes! That's such a good movie!

    Less than confident! Oh, it's so good to know I'm not the only one! :D Confidence is definitely not one of my strong points. I'm better than I used to be, but boy! Sometimes I feel like I haven't a confident bone in my body. I'm always second guessing myself.

    Blog posts take me a long time, too! I think it has to do with my lack of confidence. I'm really paranoid about what people will think of my writing...and I'm also just plain picky. I have to go over a post multiple times--rewording, rearranging, editing, deleting--before I'm finally satisfied with it. And then by the time I click the publish button I've read the post so many times that I don't know whether it's good or bad.

    I've never heard of The Betsy Tacy books, but the picture of Trini Alvarado does look like she would be a nice fit for Betsy. She's too old now? Oh bother.

    I usually choose vanilla ice cream over chocolate, too. Vanilla's just better...but chocolate is good, too.

    Thank you for doing this, Natalie! It was so fun to read your answers!

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Miss March! Thank you for your deliciously long comment! :) I'm so glad you enjoyed the post.

      When Calls the Heart has two seasons. It's based on the book series by Janette Oke, although except for a few character names and professions, it's changed SO drastically from the books that I don't really see them as the same story. At all. :)
      The first season is the best in my opinion as it's more historically accurate and "creative". The second season is still good, but the costumes are way to modern and it get's a little "soap opera-y". Just so much pointless drama. They just aired the last episode of season 2. And yes....the ending was a bit too cruel in my opinion. Not "sad", just extremely annoying.

      Aww, Bubby sounds adorable! :)

      Yes. Do not feel discouraged. I struggle SO much with self-confidence sometimes. I've gotten better over the years, but I tend to worry too much about what people think of me....I either say things that I later regret or DON'T say things and regret not saying them....haha. I love to socialize and get to know people, but it's just hard sometimes. :/

      Try to find the Betsy-Tacy books at your library or something! They're SO good and sweet and lovely. I will recommend them till the day I die, haha. :)

      Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  2. First order of business...I love your cowboy boots and hat picture!!!!! :-)

    Same with me: it depends on the fair. I've had bad experiences, and good experiences. But mostly, I like to stay away from crowds whenver I can. ;-P

    You make me reaaally want to see Newsies! Actually, it's going to be at a theater about two hours away from me in September, so I miiiight be able to go. That would be amazing!!

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks!! I kind of thought you would. ;)

      Aaahhh, you HAVE to watch Newsies. And oh my, you might get to go see it?!?! That's amazing!! The tour is coming sort of close to me in December...I wish I could go see it, but I'm not sure yet. Anyways, you should definitely watch the movie first to get the "original" story....then you can listen to the Broadway soundtrack and such. :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Clara Ruth! I don't mind in the least that you nominated me! I'm quite flattered. :)
      But, I do have to warn you that life is quite busy for me at the moment and I really hope you won't mind if I don't answer your questions. I'm so sorry! I did like your questions a lot-they were very creative. Especially the one about walking in the woods or staying near a cozy fire-my answer would have been the woods. :) Thank you so much!! And for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Ballerina Bunnie is a cute name. I used to have this stuffed bear whose body was a blanket, and I still have no idea how his name came to be Bear Bear. :)
    Wait! I haven't seen the second season of When Calls the Heart yet, and I have no idea what happened. Without telling me too much, is there a plot twist that happens unexpectedly?
    I loved reading your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, that's a cute name too!
      Weeellll, it's definitely a twist. Let's just say something VERY exciting seems about to happen (like, the best thing that could happen) and it's suddenly prevented from happening and....that's the end of the season. Sorry if that doesn't explain it well, but I don't want to give it away! :) Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  5. I love When Calls the Heart!!! And I totally share on your opinion-how could it just end like that??!!! I'm anxiously awaiting the next season :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Rosi! Yay! So glad to meet another fan! :D Ugh, yes. I think it was really a cheap way to keep the suspense going. At least with season 1 it ended pretty happily (while still retaining the suspense!).

      Delete
  6. Oh yess! I LOVE When Calls the Heart!! :D
    And I totally agree. The ending...I just...HOW COULD THEY END IT LIKE THAT?!?!?!
    Heh heh, sorry about that.. ;)
    Yeah, I think that season 1 was better then 2 too. :)
    Oh, and I really like Little Dorrit too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Haha, yes! I literally screamed aloud (not TOO loud) at the ending...how could they???
      Yay, another Little Dorrit fan!
      Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
    2. Haha, I yelled "Nooooo!" I mean, poor Jack! :(

      Delete
    3. Yes!!! :( His face was so heartbreaking. I felt so bad for Jack!

      Delete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.