December 5, 2015

As I have one day left for this tag....


Hello all! Lately I've been trying out a new "schedule" of sorts where I catch up on blog posts on Saturday...well, that caused me to almost miss the Lucy Maud Montgomery Week at Coffee, Classics, and Craziness. I didn't think I'd participate (due to time restraints in my own life) but when I saw I had ONE day left and that the tag questions were so delightfully fun...I decided I had to quickly whip up a post with my answers. :) So, here they are!

How did you first discover LMM’s books?
Oh goodness, I have no idea. Wait-hold on...I think it was when my grandma gave me a copy of Anne of Green Gables when I was very young...I still have that copy-albeit without the dust jacket haha.

What’s your favorite LMM book? 
....So. Hard. I'll just mention one of my favorites. Anne's House of Dreams.
"Anne of Green Gables" series, nine by L.M. Montgomery, if you include her abridged/sketched story series of "The Road To Yesterday," and republished in 2009 in full as 'The Blythes Are Quoted', a far darker volume; the last Montgomery penned. http://roomofbensown.net/the-blythes-are-quoted/:

What’s your least favorite LMM book?
Mmmm......I didn't particularly care for A Tangled Web, but I was so young when I read it that I think a reread is in order. My opinion on Rilla of Ingleside changed dramatically the second time I read it!

Who is your favorite character in allllll of LMM’s works?
Anne Shirley. Definitely.

What couple is your favorite?
Anne and Gil, hands down, forever and ever.


What is your favorite quote from LMM (either a quote from one of her books, or from her personal life)?
There are so many lovely quotes from her that I'm just going to include this one I stumbled upon on pinterest that I like very much, indeed.


"It was November; the month of crimson sunsets, parting birds, deep, sad hymns of the sea, passionate wind-songs in the pines." L. M. Montgomery:

How many LMM books have you read?
-Stands up and counts the books on my shelf- 
-goes to my book list instead as I can't remember how many books I've read besides the ones I own-

The grand total is 24. I'm rather proud.

Which LMM book would you most like to see made into a movie?
RILLA OF INGLESIDE! Which, ahem, reminds me, I have a post in my drafts about that.....

Have you found a kindred spirit?
Yes! Thanks to God's goodness, I know some very dear kindred spirits-through real life, and the blogging world :)

Thank you for thus fun tag, Eva! :D


22 comments:

  1. Natalie,
    Is that photo of your "Anne" books? The covers are so pretty!

    And A Tangled Web.... my dear girl, you must give it another try! It's absolutely imperative. Not, of course, that I'm pressuring you or anything... but IMHO it is the pinnacle of story tangling (honestly, the title is perfect!) and I often find myself thinking in quotes from the book! I do however understand why many people think the story is strange, as even I can see where some of it is a little odd, I just love it to bits though anyway and that's that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eowyn,
      Unfortunately, no it is not. I have the basic paperback Bantam editions. :) Aren't they lovely, though? I found it through a pinterest search. :)

      I promise I will try it again someday! It's been quite awhile, and I know for a fact my tastes have changed since the last time I read it...now I am very curious about it thanks to your encouragement. :) I only remember tiny bits and pieces of it...so hopefully reading it again will be like reading a whole new story! I love it when that happens!

      Delete
  2. Loved reading your tag answers, Natalie! And I'm looking forward to that post about Rilla. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Eva! And thank you for the follow! :D

      Delete
  3. Haha, I KNEW you would say that Anne and Gil are your two favourites. You really are crazy about those two. :-D They are adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Hahaha, I'm just that predictable, am I? :P

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to read your post about Rilla! That book MUST BE MADE INTO A MOVIE. A GOOD MOVIE. NONE OF YOUR NONSENSE HERE, HOLLYWOOD. I SHAN'T TOLERATE IT.

    Ahem. Calming down now. I just really, really, really love that story :) I do so wish there were a good film of it--I seriously think it would be one of my all-time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, Jessica! I KNOW. Hollywood should stop wasting their time on all the other movie they make.
      Even though the stories are Canadian, I'd love to see BBC do a Rilla movie because I feel like they'd do a better job than any American productions, haha. They just are experts at period dramas.

      Delete
    2. I think they would, too--and plus, in some ways I think Canada has more in common with the British culture than the American!

      Oohhh, I just saw your reply to Olivia--I can't WAIT to see all your ideas about how the characters should look!! :)

      Delete
    3. Hahaha, very true.

      Thanks! Glad you're excited! :D

      Delete
  5. Cool post ;). I did the same tag at my blog, Mic's Room.
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michaila! I will take a peek at your post! :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely :D

    You have a post about a movie-Rilla in draft?! Is it a dream cast? IS IT?!

    Wow, I really love the quote you chose. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia!
      Yeeess, it's a sort-of dream cast...more of a this-is-how-I-picture-the-characters-cast. :)

      Isn't it just gorgeous??

      Delete
  7. I loved reading your answers, Natalie! I can't wait to read those RoI posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a Rilla of Ingleside post in your drafts? Oh, fun! I can't wait to read it.

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! Glad everyone seems to be looking forward to it! :D

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you got a chance to do it. My weekend and my week were crazy so I'm super sad I wasn't able to. I'll have to put it on my calendar for next year. :) Lovely post!!! <3

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm sorry, Sarah. I'm sure you could still fill out the tag if you so wished! (I sometimes do late tags too! haha)
      Thank you! :D

      Delete
  10. Oh, I wished I'd known of this sooner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm sorry, Emma. :( I would think Eva wouldn't mind if you still did the tag, though! If you want to, that is. :)

      Delete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.