February 11, 2016

Blogging about Blogs Tag

Anna over at A Glass Star in an Iron Galaxy nominated me for the Blogging about Blogs tag. I didn't think I'd get around to doing it, but it's such a fun tag that I thought I'd take a break from my super long Valentine's Day post (hint hint) and just whip this out quickly. :)

Thank you so very much, Anna!


Because it's easier to break the rules than follow them (not to mention other people have done it heh heh) I might list multiple blogs to one question. And, if you don't see your blog listed here, that certainly doesn't mean that I don't enjoy yours. It just may not have quite fit any of the categories.  :)

Blogs that makes me laugh
The bloggers at Wonderland Creek, Meanwhile in Rivendell..., and Sunshiny Corner all have the talent of putting a smile on my face or even make me laugh aloud with their witty posts.

Blog that makes me think
My Lady Bibliophile frequently has thoughtful, in depth posts on literature that I find fascinating.


Blog that teaches me things
Well, I don't actually *follow* this blog, but I keep up with the posts on goodreads, so I guess it counts. K. M. Weiland's Helping Writers Become Authors.

-sob-
Blog with beautiful headers
Wonderland Creek. Jack Kelly voice: "For Shore"
this may or may not be my laptop's lock screen right now cough cough
Blogger who takes great pictures
Three of my favorite photographer blogs are Allix Ruby, Payton Marie, and Jess McGhie.

Blogger whose recommendations I trust
Along the Brandywine hasn't steered me wrong yet. ;)
this is for you, Heidi
New blog I'm enjoying
Mmm, Write on, Cordy! and The Storymonger are two new ones I'm enjoying.
Because it's Dana Andrews and Gene Tierney with a  baby. No, it's not THEIR baby, I'm sad to say.
Blog I've followed the longest
Yet Another Period Drama Blog is one. And Fresh Modesty. I'm also going to include A Singular and Whimsical Problem, even though it's technically a new blog. But Hayden's previous blog, The Story Girl, was my first exposure to the world on blogging. So it counts. :P


Blog I've started following the most recently
Isn't this kind of the same as the one-before-last question? Even if there was a newer blog than the ones I listed, if I wasn't enjoying it, I wouldn't be following it, now would I? (I'm cringing at that grammar of that sentence.)

Blog that is always a refreshing happiness
Captured by the Word is certainly one that is sweet and lovely and altogether happiness-inducing.


Blog where I revel in the words
A Lantern in Her Hand continually astounds me with beautifully written posts.



There you have it!! There is quite a handful of blogs that I wished I could have linked to, so please don't feel bad if I didn't include your blog in the tag. I did think of you!!

Annnd, I'm breaking the rules again and not tagging anyone. If you wish to play (even in the comments!) consider yourself henceforth tagged. Your welcome. :)

26 comments:

  1. AWWWW... thank you, dear!!!! You should just see the huge and ridiculously happy grin on my face this very minute. ;D I LOVE IT!!!! :) *hugs*

    (P.S. Ooh, and just a quick note, The Brandywine link happens to be going through to Eowyn's blog instead... :p)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi,
      You are so very welcome! *hugs back* I'm so glad you loved it!! :D

      Oh dear, thank you! I fixed it right away. :)

      Delete
    2. Lovely! :-) I need to do this tag!

      Delete
    3. Oh yes, I hope you do! If you haven't already been tagged, consider yourself so by me. :)
      I'm sorry you weren't in my answers....but, as I mentioned in the post, you were one of the blogs I thought of! ;)

      Delete
  2. One of the first blogs I ever followed was also "Yet Another Period Drama Blog" :)

    Thanks for including me on the list! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hayden,
      How fun! I'm rather sad that Amy doesn't post quite as often anymore. I enjoy her posts very much! And you're quite welcome! :)

      Delete
  3. Natalie,
    It was so sweet of you to mention me!!! Saying Captured by the Word is refreshing is the loveliest thing you could say, because that is exactly what I want it to be to my readers.

    Your three oldest blogs - same with me! They certainly seem to be some of the Pioneers of the Blogging World as we know it. :)

    Yes, the author of Along the Brandywine is a good ol' recommender. (Not, mind you, that we sure the same tastes on everything, but she is quite excellent all the same. ;))

    And the last photo, sea-blue typewriter and creamy rose - *dreamy sigh* - it looks so retro and beach-y!

    Thanks again friend! (You see, I'm a poet and you did not know it!) Ahem, anyway, I'd best be away to be feeding the hounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eowyn,
      You have definitely succeeded in your goal, then! :) Your blog is just so lovely!

      Yes, exactly! I feel like they were the "first generation" of bloggers. ;)

      Heehee! :D

      Isn't it so pretty? I love it too.

      Haha! :D Your comment about feeding the hounds made me laugh. :) Thank you for your sweet comment!!

      Delete
  4. Aw, Natalie - I'm so honoured you mentioned TWICE OF ALL THE THINGS. Thank you so much. :-) I love your headers too, just sayin'. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Naomi!! :D Aww, thank you!!

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed reading this, Natalie! And awwww, thank you for mentioning me. :-) (Not gonna lie -- that makes me swell up with pleasure. And gratefulness? Can you swell up with gratefulness? Maybe I'm getting a little too carried away with my words.) Apparently I write very revel-rous words, because several other people have mentioned me in that category, it seems. :-)

    (And I LOVE zee header!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emma!! Heehee, yes, I think you can swell up with gratefulness. I know what you mean. ;) Yes, you DO write just beautifully!!! You are so welcome. :)

      Thank you!! :D

      Delete
  6. Awwww, Dana Andrews and a baby! How is it I've never seen that photo before???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hamlette,
      Isn't it just the cutest thing?? I think it's from a movie called The Iron Curtain, although I haven't seen it.

      Delete
    2. Well, I haven't seen that movie either, sigh. Hmm, I wonder if DKoren has? If a Dana movie is at all findable, she's seen it. I'll have to ask her.

      Delete
    3. Do tell me if you hear it's good! I'd love to watch it. :)

      Delete
    4. DKoren says, "It was interesting, but not a repeat watcher."

      Delete
    5. Haha, okay! Thank you for telling me. :)

      Delete
  7. Daaaaawwwwww, thanks, girl! Your blog makes me uber happy, too :) And now I can't wait for your Valentine's Day post! I have one too, but it's not super long or complex ;P

    Lovely picture choices, by the way, as always.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you are welcome! Thank you!! I can't wait to read your post too. :)

      Thanks so much!

      Delete
  8. OH WAIT. I forgot to mention THAT LIV TYLER/VIGGO MORTENSEN GIF! Where did you get it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, I WAS WAITING FOR YOU TO MENTION THAT! :D It's so precious! :) I'm honestly not sure. Pinterest, somewhere? :/ Sorry I don't remember where!

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness! You mentioned me!! :D *BIG HUGE GRIN* Thanks, Natalie. I'm so glad my blog makes you smile. Yours does the same for me!!

    This was a very sweet post. I really like the pictures you included. That gif from Cinderella! Doesn't it bring back fond memories of Heidi's Cinderella week? (That was such a fun blog party!) And the picture of the couple with the baby. Aww. Love it!!

    I think the blogs you chose to highlight fit the categories very well--at least, speaking for the ones I'm familiar with. For example, I totally agree with you on Naomi's headers and Emma's writing and...oh dear, aren't there just WAY too many good blogs? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss March,
      Heehee, yes! You're welcome! And aww, thank you! :D

      My feelings exactly. :) It was quite possibly the most fun blog party I've ever participated in! Adn I just really love Cinderella now. :)
      Aww, glad you think it's cute too!

      Oh, there are definitely way too many good blogs. Sometimes I'll come across ones that I'd like to follow, but I have to tell myself "no". I only have time for a limited amount, unfortunately. :(

      Delete
  10. What a lovely tag. I was going to suggest you check out Payton's blog, since I saw on your About Page you love photography. I've followed her for a while, since she was originally blogging mostly books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jillian! I've followed her for awhile too. I do love her "new" blog, but I sometimes rather miss her posts about books and movies and such. :)

      Delete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.