February 14, 2016

Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes!


For awhile now, I've wanted to do a post highlighting some of my favorite proposals from film and literature. Actually, this post idea has been in my drafts for months. Then, I had the idea inspiration to use it for my Valentine's Day post!

Last year on Valentine's Day I did a super long and picture-laden post on my favorite couples. So check that out if you'd like to read about some of my favorite couples, and not just my favorite proposals.

I'm going to try to highlight any proposal that ever made me squeal or sigh or smile in delight. I will probably, nevertheless, leave out some favorites, so don't consider this an all-extensive list. ;)
And it's not in any particular order. Just FYI. :)

Oh, and this may be rather obvious, but be forewarned that most of these proposals are plot spoilers.

"You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."

First up, we have Mr. Darcy's famous (and justly so) proposal to Lizzie. I couldn't decide whether to include just his first proposal (which, in case you didn't know...didn't go well) or the second, much more-well-received (although I love both proposals ;)) one. 
And then I thought, hey, why not include both?




Anndd, the second one!



Aren't they just so perfect??? And the second proposal! "Dearest, loveliest Elizabeth."  -happy sigh-
I could have included the book excerpt too, but it's rather long. And you should just read the book yourself anyways. :P haha


"And marry you?"

Eeeeee, this scene! The Young Victoria makes me cry. At many scenes. This is one of them.
It's just SO precious!! She's so nervous about "proposing" to him (being the queen, it was proper protocol for her to propose to him and not vice versa. Yeah...) and Albert, in his amazing-ness, immediately knows what she means and helps her out, almost asking the question himself.
-happy tears-


"If I loved you less..."

 He stopped in his earnestness to look the question, and the expression of his eyes overpowered her. "My dearest Emma," said he, "for dearest you will always be, whatever the event of this hour's conversation, my dearest, most beloved Emma—tell me at once. Say 'No,' if it is to be said." She could really say nothing. "You are silent," he cried, with great animation; "absolutely silent! at present I ask no more."

Emma was almost ready to sink under the agitation of this moment. The dread of being awakened from the happiest dream, was perhaps the most prominent feeling.

"I cannot make speeches, Emma," he soon resumed; and in a tone of such sincere, decided, intelligible tenderness as was tolerably convincing. "If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more. But you know what I am. You hear nothing but truth from me. I have blamed you, and lectured you, and you have borne it as no other woman in England would have borne it. Bear with the truths I would tell you now, dearest Emma, as well you have borne with them. God knows, I have been an indifferent lover. But you understand me. Yes, you see, you understand my feelings—and will return them if you can. At present, I ask only to hear, once to hear your voice.

.......(shortened for brevity's sake)....

What did she say? Just what she ought, of course.
~Emma by Jane Austen


How could I not include Mr. Knightley's sweet proposal to Emma? And the clip from my favorite movie version of Emma. :) It's an altogether wonderful story. I can't wait to re-read it someday!! 


"Together we're stronger."


This proposal!! It gets me every time. Robiiiin.  <3 Marian is so surprised and taken off guard and yet you can tell she's the happiest she's been in a long, long time. It's just the best part in the whole episode. :)

"Will you please be my wife?"
Anyone who's been following my blog for a long amount of time should know that I adore William  William and Peggy in Return to Cranford. Theirs is one of the sweetest proposals ever (though also the shortest in this post heh heh) and I get squee-ful and happy every time I watch it.




"Darned if I don't love you with my whole life."
He started to walk away, but I caught him from behind. "Luke, quit teasin'!" He held the box in front of him now, so I stood on tiptoe to peer over his shoulder, wrapping both my arms around his waist to give myself two chances at grabbing it.
But before I could wrap my hands around it, he took hold of my left hand and slipped something onto my finger.
I stood there motionless with my arms around him, afraid to take my hand away and find anything less than what I'd suddenly hoped be there.
But Luke didn't wait. With my hand still 
in his, he turned to face me, cupping my cheek with his other hand. "Jessilyn Lassiter, you're stubborn and impatient...and darned if I don't love you with my whole life."
....(shortened for brevity's sake)....
Luke laid my hand on his chest, let his forehead settle against mine, and whispered, "Marry me."
-Catching Moondrops by Jennifer Erin Valent


Squueee! This proposal!! Luke and Jessy are such an adorable couple and the last book in the series holds so many sweet moments between them.


"I don't want to possess you, I wish to marry you because I love you!"
(gif) This part breaks my heart because I know he truly loves her and she is so flippant about it.

I couldn't find a video of John Thornton's proposal to Margaret Hale (why...?) so a gif will have to suffice. I would include the book proposal, but I haven't read it yet and would rather wait until I do so. :)
But oh. The movie proposal. Poor Mr. Thornton! It's when he says "I love you!" in his deep, accented voice, brimming with emotion, that my heart breaks for him.

"The Great War is on but I hope ours is over."
In the altogether sweet and simply but beautifully written Betsy-Tacy books, World War I is declared while Betsy is traveling in Europe. Joe, unaware of her address, finally asks Betsy to forget their past quarrel—in a newspaper advertisement.

Mr. Dick came in, wearing his new ill-fitting uniform. He walked over to Betsy, smiling.
"Still keep up with the Agony Column?"
"Heavens, no!" Betsy answered. "I'm trying to learn how to sew."
"Well, it's a good thing I clipped this," he said and reached into his pocket. "Of course," he added, "I know you aren't the only Betsy in London. But do you know anyone named Joe?"
Betsy stared at him for a long unbelieving moment. Without a word she put out her hand.
Joe hadn't forgotten her! And he had found a way! Holding the clipping fast, she ran out of the garden and up to her little white room. She sat down, with tears running down her cheeks.


'BESTY. THE GREAT WAR IS ON BUT I HOPE OURS IS OVER. PLEASE COME HOME. JOE.'


~Betsy and the Great World by Maud Hart Lovelace




"I don't want sunbursts. Or marble halls. I just want you."


Now, Gilbert proposes....2 times in the Anne movies. And then, at the end of Anne of Avonlea, he....well, he doesn't propose exactly, as it's understood now that she loves him (FINALLY). And we all know Gilbert has never wavered in his love for her. (awwww)
So, as I couldn't find a video of any of his proposals, I included the end scene AND I'm including an excerpt from the book.




"I think," said Anne softly, "that 'the land where dreams come true' is in the blue haze yonder, over that little valley."
"Have you any unfulfilled dreams, Anne?" asked Gilbert.
Something in his tone—something she had not heard since that miserable evening in the orchard at Patty's Place—made Anne's heart beat wildly. But she made answer lightly.
"Of course. Everybody has. It wouldn't do for us to have all our dreams fulfilled. We would be as good as dead if we had nothing left to dream about. What a delicious aroma that low-descending sun is extracting from the asters and ferns. I wish we could see perfumes as well and smell them. I'm sure they would be very beautiful."
Gilbert was not to be thus sidetracked.
"I have a dream," he said slowly. "I persist in dreaming it, although it has often seemed to me that it could never come true. I dream of a home with a hearth-fire in it, a cat and a dog, the footsteps of friends—and you!"
Anne wanted to speak but she could find no words. Happiness was breaking over her like a wave. It almost frightened her.
"I asked you a question over two years ago, Anne. If I ask it again today will you give me a different answer?"
Still Anne could not speak. But she lifted her eyes, shining with all the love-rapture of countless generations, and looked into his for a moment. He wanted no other answer.
~Anne of the Island  by L. M. Montgomery


Did you see that?? Er, I mean read that? Anne Shirley couldn't speak! For once in her life, she couldn't find words to express herself. What more fitting way could L. M. Montgomery shown how moved  and truly happy Anne was than by that nonverbal action?

This proposal is so sweet. While I love the movie version of "diamond sunbursts and marble halls", I have to say that I MAY like the book version (the true version) better. I'm not sure. It's rather a tie. :)



"I would feel like a king if you...would be my wife."


A rather new favorite, this proposal is SO sweet and especially poignant as it displays Henry's change of attitude. His character arc reaches its peak here—this is where he finally exercises the humility he's learned. And, as a side note, isn't it so adorable how Danielle cries and puts her face in her hands? It's such a realistic response! 

"My heart is...and always will be....yours."


Guys, I couldn't find a clip of the 2008 Sense and Sensibility proposal!
Here's a couple of pictures to make up for it, because it is SUCH an adorable version of the proposal. Their hug!!! It's just so cute!!


 



Although I think I prefer the 2008 proposal, I do still love the 1995 proposal too. So, here it is. :)



Now, as a side note, I ADORE the book, Sense and Sensibility. It may be my favorite Jane Austen book. But, the proposal is only narrated in the book. There's no dialogue or smiles or joyful tears. So, that's why I didn't include the book excerpt. :)


"Say you'll marry me."
Ella Enchanted <3 one of my favorite books. I hate that the movie didn't give it any justice :(:
via
Now it was my turn. Char knelt, holding the slipper. I extended my foot and he guided it. The slipper fit perfectly, of course. What was I going to do?
His face was close to mine. He must have seen my terror."You needn't be Ella if you don't want to be," he said softly.
He was so good.
"I'm not," I said. But in spite of myself, tears streamed down my cheeks. I saw hope spread across his face. "That letter was rubbish. A trick." He glared at Hattie, then turned to me, his look probing."Do you love me?" He still spoke softly. "Tell me."
An order. "I do." I was sobbing and smiling at once. How was I going to give him up again?
Char was jubilant. His voice rang out. "Then marry me!"
Another order. I nodded and continued to weep. But my hand found its way into his.
"Don't marry him, Ella," Hattie commanded, giving my name away once and for all.
I withdrew my hand. "I can't," I said. Perhaps Hattie would save us.
"Hattie, don't be a fool," Mum Olga snapped. "Don't you want to be stepsister to the queen and make her give you whatever you like?" She smiled at me. "His Highness is kind enough to want to marry you, Ella, my sweet."
It had begun. The curse would make Hattie and Mum Olga as grand as they wanted to be, and it would provide endless wealth for Olive.
Char was looking at me with such gladness, and I loved him so. I was the cause of his joy and would be the cause of his destruction:  a secret delivered to his enemies, a letter written in my own hand, a covert signal given by me, poison in his glass, a dagger in his ribs, a fall from a parapet.
"Marry me, Ella," he said again, the order a whisper now. "Say you'll marry me.
~Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

Ahhh, this book!! One of the best retellings of Cinderella that I've ever read, this book is funny, adorable, sweet and just perfect. Ella has been cursed with the magic "gift" of total obedience since her childhood. She obeys any order that anyone gives her. I'm sure you're dying to know what happens after the above snippet, so I heartily encourage you to read the book. :)

"Before I go on, I should tell you there's a pretty good chance of disinheritance."


Goodness, this proposal scene in the 2008 Northanger Abbey is just SO CUTE. He's so excited and a little nervous and she's still so shocked that HE'S HERE and then he proposes and.....gah. Just watch the clip. It's adorable.

(I thought of making the heading "I felt myself bound to you" etc. but I always loved the disinheritance line. haha)

"Everything's political!"


Ahh, hahaha. This proposal. :D It's adorable and awkward and un-romantic and yet somehow still ends up to be romantic. Perchik gives the impression that he thinks of everything in terms of politics, and yet we all know he does love Hodel. I think he's just a little too shy to truly say it. :)


"I offer you my hand, my heart and all my possessions."


'Oh, Jane, you torture me!' he exclaimed. 'With that searching and yet faithful and generous look, you torture me!'
'How can I do that? If you are true, and your offer real, my only feelings to you must be gratitude and devotion—they cannot torture.'
'Gratitude!' he ejaculated; and added wildly—'Jane, accept me quickly. Say, Edward—give my my name—Edward, I will marry you.'
'Are you in earnest?—Do you truly love me?—Do you sincerely wish me to be your wife?'
'I do; and if an oath is necessary to satisfy you, I swear it.'
'Then, sir, I will marry you.'
~Jane Eyre  by Charlotte Bronte

I included both a snippet of the book and the 2006 movie proposal (although I like the movie very much, I cannot entirely condone it due to a lot of skip-able scenes).
Mr. Rochester's proposal to Jane might be as famous in the literary world as Mr. Darcy's to Elizabeth, although very different in both circumstances and style. I love Jane Eyre. :) It's a beautiful, stunning book and the proposal is definitely one of my favorite scenes.


"Let me stay with you all your life."

My friend Naomi reminded me in the comments of the scene between Arthur and Amy in the marshalsea. Now, I had thought of this proposal, but by the time I finished the post I forgot. I also wasn't sure if it applied since...well, since she kind of proposed to him! But, it's just too adorable to not include. And they are one of my favorite couple ever. So here it 'tis. Thank you for reminding me, Naomi! :D

~~~~


Well, that's about it. I'm sure there are other proposals from literature and film that I love, but I can't remember them all. And this post is already very long. ;)

By the way, I noticed that only ONE of these proposals included a ring! I found that rather humorous, since nowadays we hardly ever separate proposals from "the perfect ring".

Happy Valentine's Day!
Are any of your favorite proposals mentioned in my post? 
What are your other favorites?

32 comments

  1. AHHHH. I knew this was coming and it's PERFECTTTTT. <3

    Gahhh, the Young Victoria scene gave me CHILLS all over - they're seriously so adorable, and it's so ROMANTIC and DIFFERENT. Especially as a royal couple, they realise they'll have to stick together twice as hard, as perhaps many people will be against them. DA FEELS.

    The Jane Austen proposals are all PRICELESSSSSS. My favourites are the ones in the 2009 version of Emma, and Edward+Elinor's proposal in S&S08 --- SO CUTE. THAT HUG TEARS MY HEART TO PIECES.

    ANNE AND GILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

    Oh!!! And you didn't add Amy and Arthur's!??? I love their Marshalsea proposal. :-D

    Haha, I know - Perchick's proposal is so NOT romantic, but yet's it's cute. :-)

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!

      Isn't it though?? You said it perfectly. Ahh, that scene. <3

      I haven't seen the 2009 Emma in forever. I hope I can do so soon. I didn't like it very much the first time, but I'm thinking I'll like it better this time around. :)

      Jane Austen has some of the best proposals!!!

      Yeees, Anne and Gil!!!

      Thank you for reminding me!! I edited the post and put them in there. haha To tell the truth, I wasn't quite sure if it counted as a proposal scene. I mean it IS a proposal but..it's just different. But so adorable!! Being that they're one of my favorite couples (I felt bad leaving them out after you reminded me haha) I had to include them. :)

      Heehee, exactly. ;)

      Thanks again!!!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, true - it's not exactly a PROPOSAL. But it is where there decide to stick together for good... so it's practically a proposal, right? I'm so glad you added it. :-)

      Delete
    3. It's close enough, anyways. ;) Thanks! I'm glad you reminded me! :)

      Delete
  2. North and South is my favourite out of all of them. Then Anne of green gables. Though I was hoping to see Matthew and Mary's from Downton abbey "I would never be happy with anyone else, so long as you walked the earth" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna,
      Isn't North and South just wonderful? I'm sad I couldn't find a clip of that scene...
      And I'm so glad you like Anne of Green Gables too! Haha, sorry. I haven't seen Downton Abbey, although I've seen a clip of that proposal and it was so cute. :)

      Delete
  3. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . I was waiting for this, Natalie :-)

    I LOVE VALENTINE'S DAY POSTS. Cuz, y'know, all the cuteness. And the feels. And All That. So much fun.

    And you DID include my favorite movie proposal scene--Edward and Elinor, S&S 08. They . . . they speak for themselves. They are AWESOME. That hug, though.

    "Can you forgive me? Can you . . . love me? Will you . . . MARRY me?"

    I'd never seen Robin and Marian before but I loved the clip you showed :-) "Is that a yes?" "LET ME FINISH." That's puurrrrrrrfect. No, seriously. It is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica,
      You were? Aww, thank you!! :D

      I DO TOO! Exactly because of what you mentioned. V-day posts are just so pink and adorable and lovely. :)

      Aww, yay! I knooowww. They are so cute!!

      Glad you think so! Maybe you can try the show sometime! It takes Marian and Robin most of season 1 to get past their differences, but season 2 has some adooorable moments between them.

      Thanks so much!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, Natalie!!!!!!

    Gahh, all of them. ALL OF THEM!!! Well, some more than others, but still. Robin and Marian! Their scene is just so unconventional and AWESOME.

    Whoa, that book, Catching Moondrops, sounds INCREDIBLE. I must get my hands on a copy posthaste!

    And Char and Ella! You included them! OHHHHH I WUVS DEM SO MUUUUUUUUCH.

    Just, all of this, really. So much yes! Happy Valentine's Day, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you!!!

      Oh, I'm so glad the snippet intrigued you! Catching Moondrops is actually the third book in the trilogy. So read Fireflies in December and Cottonwood Whispers first. Then CM. They're some of my favorite books. :)

      I KNOW! I forgot how adorable the proposal was until I looked it up for this post!!

      Happy Valentine's Day to you, too! Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

      ps. YOUR PROFILE PICTURE.

      Delete
    2. It really did! Ooh, a trilogy? Even better. I must find those books! The titles alone are simply gorgeous.

      Eeeeeekk, thanks! It makes me so happy :)

      Delete
    3. Aren't they, though? I can't wait for you to read them!

      :D

      Delete
  5. OOooooooooo!!! So let's see!!

    Darcy and Lizzie!! YES!!! Who DOESN'T love those?

    The Young Victoria. Never seen it but I want to.

    Emma!!! Knightley's proposal is one of the most adorable that I have ever seen. But I prefer the 2009 version.

    Still waiting to see Robin and Marian.

    Since William Buxton is Tom Hiddleston, I am sure it is perfectly adorable!!

    Catching Moondrops. Never even heard of it.

    "I don't wish to possess you, I wish to marry you because I love you!!" WOW!! I don't think it a good idea for me to go into my thoughts and feelings on this couple!! But I will say that I prefer the book version of the second proposal. The miniseries version is just WROOONG!!!!

    Betsy and the Great World. Again I have never heard of it, but that is super sweet!!

    AHHHH!! Gil and Anne!! I have never read the books, and I have only seen the first movie, but I adore them. I am obsessed with the AoGG web series though.

    Ever After!! Well this proposal definitely is different!! But I did love it!!

    EDWARD AND ELINOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like the 2008 FAAAARRRRRRR more then the 1995!!! And it's Dan Stevens!! He makes a SUPERB Edward.

    Ella Enchanted!! The proposal scene is so...well...cute!! EE is one of my favorite Cinderella tales.

    Northanger Abbey. Love the book, never seen the movie.

    Fiddler on the Roof. Never seen it.

    Jane Eyre, never seen or read it.

    Little Dorrit. Never seen it, but I hear that it is Matthew Mcfayden's PROPER role!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your long comment! :D

      It seems like we have similar tastes. Hopefully you can try some of the books and movies on this list that you haven't seen!!

      I'm looking forward to reading North and South!!

      Heehee, 100% agree! Matthew MacFayden is PERFECT as Arthur in Little Dorrit. :)

      Delete
  6. "I DON'T WANT TO POSSESS YOU, I WISH TO MARRY YOU BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!!!!!!"

    This is all beautiful. I love these people. ;-) Happy Valentine's Day, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Well, you shouldn't. Because I do not love you!" haha That scene is soooo perfect!!

      Me too. :) Thank you for commenting! Happy Valentine's Day to you, as well!

      Delete
  7. Albert & Victoria are the perfect couple. I'm reading the Anne series for the second time :D! Both Ever After and Sense and sensibility are great movies.
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they, though? Enjoy your re-read! They are such great books. :)
      Glad you think so too! Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  8. *sniffs as in uni library and doesn't want to draw attention to oneself*
    WAAAAHHHH
    That ever after proposal I'm actually crying.. yes I'm fine students get back to work ITS SSO CUTE OH MYGOSH IF SOMEONE PROPOSED TO ME ID BE SOBBING AND THAT TWIRL AND JOYUS LAUGH OHMYWORDY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evie,
      Heehee!! Yeeesss, isn't it just adorable?? I would totally sob too if someone (someone I loved that is!) proposed to me. And the twirl is so perfect!! :D

      Delete
  9. Edward and Elinor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    They are my favorite JA couple EVAH :)

    Ahhhh, Henry and Danielle!! I love their proposal scene. It's sooo humble and beautiful :)

    Happy Valentine's Day, Natalie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie,
      They're so sweet and perfect!! :D

      Awww, yes! Exactly so. :) Happy Valentine's Day to you, as well!

      Delete
  10. Ever After! Oh, I love Henry's proposal and Danielle's reaction is so sweet! She's so overwhelmed. Happily overwhelmed! :D

    2008 S&S, when Edward starts out haltingly but gains confidence and ends in a rush! Loveliness!!

    I was so happy to read the Ella Enchanted scene again! It was probably the first 'proposal scene' I ever read and it's so cute! (I will never understand why they adapt successful books to movies only to rewrite the WHOLE thing! WHY?! I would love to see an Ella Enchanted movie that actually stuck to the book! Sheesh, how hard can it be? :))

    I hope you had a delightful Valentine's Day, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, I agree with everything you said. :)

      And YES! I really hope we get a good, faithful movie adaption of Ella Enchanted someday. I feel like the movie does a disservice to the book. If someone saw the movie first they may not try the book, regarding it as a waste of their time. And, if they liked the movie, they'd probably be disappointed with the book. :( Poor book. It really is so good!

      I hope you did, too! Thank you! :D

      Delete
  11. Ah the adorableness here! I love all of these but oh my the Young Victoria one makes me almost tear up too. It's SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :) It's certainly one of the most emotional, touching proposals I've ever seen!

      Delete
  12. I don't have much time to comment on here, but can I just say I very much enjoyed reading this post? :D
    Aww, I'm re-watching Robin's proposal in goodness knows how long...haha, Marian was NOT expecting that! ;)
    Oh, that proposal in "Catching Moondrops" is ssooo sweet! I can just picture it! I'm not familiar with the book though. :)
    My reaction to Mr. Thornton's proposal would probably be the same as Margaret's, haha. :P
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Anne and Gilbert!! Everything about them, but yes, that proposal is ssooo darling! I love L.M. Montgomery's writing style!
    Aww, that Ever After proposal! I love that movie. :D I love Cinderella and Kit too.
    Yes, the '08 S&S proposal is so awkward/adorable! I love them too together, although Eleanor sometimes seems a little old for him...? :P
    Haha, the Fiddler on the Roof proposal...gosh, that's a rather awkward one. ;) I betcha that's what they're more like in real life. I wonder if proposals are terribly awkward affairs nowadays, hehe. ;)
    AMY AND ARTHUR!!!! They're so cute. <3 Pretty adorable couple, them two. ;)
    I love the proposal in "The Sound of Music"....the captain's dreamy look in his eyes, and Maria's happy realization that she loves him and is free to marry him. Aww. I'm sure there are plenty others, too! :)
    Lovely post, I really liked it!
    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Miss Meg! I'm glad you liked it. :)
      I wished I could have included Cinderella and Kit's "proposal" but alas it's not on youtube. :( Really? I don't see Elinor being "older" than him. But that's just me. :)
      Heehee, I hope not! From the stories I've heard of now-a-days proposal, they're still pretty romantic, so here's hoping. ;)
      I did actually think of the Captain and Maria! But, they didn't make it on the post. :/ Sorry! I haven't seen SoM in a long time...although I've seen it so many times that I have it pretty much memorized. ;)
      Thanks again!

      Delete
  13. "Very good, Sir." Haha! I love that gif at the beginning, Natalie. It's perfect. :)

    Alright, where to begin? I'll have you know, these are the kind of posts which make commenting VERY difficult for me, because there's just WAY to much to comment on. Seriously, I want to talk about all these couples and I'm stressing out over how long that's going to take me. (Actually, I was stressing out yesterday, so I had to walk away and not comment. But I'm feeling better today...so here I am. ;) Heehee.)

    Mr. Darcy and Lizzy: Oh!! I love those two! "Dearest, loveliest Elizabeth." (Awww.) And the look of extreme happiness on their faces!! AAHHHH! It's just TOO much!!!

    Albert and Victoria: That scene is so sweet!! The Young Victoria is not one of my favorite movies, but I really like Albert, and him and Victoria together are adorable.

    Robin and Marian: I've never seen this show, but it was fun to see a clip from it. "Is that a yes?" "Is that a no?" Awwwwwww. They look like a darling couple.

    John Thornton and Margaret Hale: I read the book several years ago, but I can't remember the details of the story too well. The proposal scene, for one, has totally gone out of my memory. I'd really like to see the movie sometime. (That gif, by the by, is epic!) :D

    Gilbert and Anne: Awwww. So adorably sweet!!! That snippet from the book is beautiful. I think I've been underestimating the Anne books because there were certain things that annoyed me about them, but that passage is simply lovely. (Thanks for including it.) I like the end scene in the movie, too. They're both so good, it really is hard to decide which one's better. :)

    Elinor and Edward: (Seriously, you have way too many good couples included in this post!) I like both proposal scenes, but the '08 might be my favorite, too, because they actually hug and...yeah, it's just SO happy! Elinor's face in the second picture...aww. Can you imagine how extremely happy that moment would have been for her?

    Perchik and Hodel: Hahaha! That has got to be one of the most hilarious proposals ever! But you're right, it is romantic, too, despite it's awkwardness. :)

    Jane and Mr. Rochester: Awwwww. I love their story. I've never seen this particular adaption, but my family owns the 1985 version, which is really good (in my opinion). Have you ever seen that one?

    AMY AND ARTHUR!! Yes, yes! ADORABLE!!! What more can I say?

    I REALLY liked this post, Natalie! It was a great idea to post it for Valentines Day! In fact, I agree with Bertie, it was an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee! Jeeves and Wooster never fail! :D

      Awww, you are too sweet! Seriously don't ever feel pressured to write a long comment. Although I did enjoy it. :)

      Do tell me if you ever try watching Robin Hood! It's a really good show, and fairly clean. Just ask me if you ever want to know more about it. ;)

      You haven't seen North and South?? You must!! It is SO good!

      I know. It's VERY hard to decide between the book and movie versions. :P

      Eeek, yes! I relate to Elinor very much (mostly when reading the book) so I am so happy when she has her happy ending. :)

      I haven't seen the 1985 version, but I've heard before that it is good and I really want to try it!!

      Thank you SO much! I'm so happy you liked it. :)

      Delete
  14. Oh, this made my day! Seeing Jessie and Luke in the same post as some of my all-time favorite fictional romances is awesome. I love Anne and Gil, Emma and Mr. Knightly, and even cranky-pants Mr. Thornton. And though Mr. Darcy's initial attempt at a proposal is complete idiocy, I'll forgive him because, well... he's Mr. Darcy. Thank you for sharing my characters with your readers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it. :) Haha, exactly. It's hard to stay angry with Mr. Darcy. ;) You are so welcome!

      Delete

I love comments as much as I love hot tea and a good book.....well, nearly, anyway!
Please keep your words kind and edifying.