April 20, 2016

So I have these two friends and it's their birthdays...

You may have heard of them before. Their names are....

Margaret from North and South 
Amy in High Noon 
I "met" these girls about three years ago or so. In fact, when I was just a wee newborn blogger, Éowyn became my first follower! I slowly grew familiar with her blog and her sister's, especially when Heidi emailed me to ask if I was interested in reviewing her book, Ellen.

Fast forward a couple years and I am so happy all that happened. These two girls have been such a blessing in my life. Their kindness and joy never fails to lift my spirits and I'm so happy I'm able to call such kindred spirits my friends.

Now, their birthdays are very close to together (exactly a week apart!) but I'm not revealing the exact days for their privacy. Suffice to say, their birthdays are around this time of April and I'm dedicating this post to them. I suppose that was rather obvious, but there you go. :P
virtual cupcakes for everyone!
Now for a bunch of random pictures that are sure to make them happy. (No, I didn't raid their pinterest boards, why would you say such a thing??)


They both love L. Montgomery's stories, Anne of Green Gables included
And they both bring a lot of kindness and loveliness into this world. :)

grand canyon national park.:

They both love to travel!

cowgirls!!!:
Eowyn is an accomplished horsewoman (at, least, I assume she is :)) and has a lovely white horse named "Windfola" (what an appropriate name!! :D).

Heidi could easily watch gifs of these two all day long. (heehee)

.:

They both adore reading all sorts of classics and lovely stories.

They adore all things vintage. :)


Saturday Evening Post cover for Oct. 6, 1928 by W.H.D. Koerner:
They love vintage...they love the American West...I think this photo is perfect.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not al those who wander are lost..." Tolkien Poem:
Tolkien is a favorite author of theirs. :) (Éowyn is named for the Tolkien character Éowyn! How cool is that? I heartily approve of her parents' skill for naming their children. ;))

Oh, look, it's Heidi's favorite people again!

Northanger Abbey, Catherine Morland writing a letter  #FavoriteAustenMoment #DearMrKnightley:  
They are both very gifted writers. I have had the privilege of a reading some stories of theirs and they have such talent! Really and truly, their individual writing styles are so lovely.

One of Eowyn's favorite couples. :)

Behold the Dawn by K.M. Weiland on StoryFinds - ‪#‎Medieval‬ ‪#‎Romance‬ - Wounded in battle this knight marries a friend's widow in name only - or so he tells himself https://storyfinds.com/book/13736/behold-the-dawn:
If it were not for them, I might never have been introduced to the wonderful world of K. M. Weiland's writing, and I am forever grateful!

country roads...take me home!:
They live on a farm and are definitely country girls at heart. :)

Ever After. ;)

Svetlana Zakharova and David Hallberg in Bolshoi’s The Sleeping Beauty:
Lovely and elegant ballet. (Her skirt is so gorgeous!)

Cherry Ames. ;)

pictures of thomas gibson from the inheritance - Google Search:
James and Edith are one of Eowyn's favorite couples.
I think they both have a soft spot for Flynn Rider in their hearts.

"Are you coming home with me?"

 :
So sweet. <3

White lace summer parasol..   http://mustanggina.tumblr.com/:
I actually have no point to make with this photo...just that it's lovely and I'm sure both Heidi and Éowyn would love to have it. 

 :

I could probably fill a couple more blog posts with things that they enjoy and love, but I'll wrap up with just one last thing. Both Heidi and Éowyn are godly young women, dedicated to serving the Lord with all their heart. They have encouraged me in my walk with Christ, and I can only hope I do the same for them. I feel blessed beyond measure to have such wonderful friends who share with me the everlasting hope of eternity with our Savior, Jesus Christ. Love you, girls!

Happy Birthdays, Heidi and Éowyn!!! :D

34 comments

  1. Natalie,
    You dear, dear person! I'm really almost crying right now. This is truly one of the sweetest and most thoughtful gifts I've ever received!!!

    And you got us spot on! It was really fun trying to guess whose board you might have what picture from. :) All them are the epitome of happiness - the delicate Spring-y ones... the western ones and High Noon!!! I nearly squealed when I saw that one of Will and Amy! The feels in it are so intense! I think I might SCREAM!

    You have encouraged me so very, very much -- every word you write is chock full of it. :)

    And the finishing photo! That song has been going through and though my head for the last week... It's one of the loveliest and truest I've heard.

    (And... I go back to look at all the pictures and to read your words over again...)

    I love you too, friend! Here's to many more years of kindred-spiritedness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eowyn,
      Awww, yay, I'm SO glad you loved it!! And that you almost cried. I take that as a good thing. ;)

      Heehee, I loved perusing your boards. You two have such lovely collections. And I'm SO glad you liked that one of Will and Amy! I actually did a google search for that one. I'm happy it was a good choice. :)

      Awww, thank you!!! That means so much!

      Really? What a coincidence! Great minds think a like. It's such a wonderful song. :)

      Many more, indeed!! :D :D -hugs-

      Delete
  2. Wow, I didn't know she was named after The White Lady of Rohan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clara,
      Isn't that just the coolest thing? Thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Erudessa! :D

      Delete
  4. Ohh, Happy Birthday you two!!! :) At first I was like, 'Wait, are they TWINS?!!' - but then I realised your birthdays are just close. :-)

    I love you both; thank you for making the blogging world so cheerful! :-)
    (Natalie, this was very sweet. :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks for commenting, Naomi! I'm glad you liked this. :)

      Delete
  5. HAPPIEST OF HAPPPY BIRTHDAY'S!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww. This was so sweet, Natalie. And the pictures you included are a feast for the eyes. :) Isn't it wonderful to have friends?

    Happy Birthday to you both, Heidi and Eowyn! (And, wait, is that really Eowyn's real name? Wow. I thought it was a penname! That is SO cool! :)) Hope your birthdays are wonderful and full of joy!!! :D

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) Yes, indeed! Friends are such a blessing!

      Delete
  7. Happy happy happy birthday you two! Natalie, the pictures you chose are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Heidi and Eowyn!! You're beautiful, lovely, sweet friends to all of us, and you make the blogging world a happier place. Thank you both for all you do!!! :-)

    Natalie, this post is GORGEOUS . . . and such an awesome idea! I know Heidi and Eowyn loved it--I mean, you picked all their favorite things, they couldn't NOT love it! Seriously, this really made me smile. Thanks so much for doing it! :-)

    Kit + Cinderella = PEACE, JOY, AND EGG CAKE. (Don't ask . . . it's a weird German idiom that basically means everything is awesome. :-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

      Hahahaha, I NEED TO USE THAT! That is an amazing expression....I love it. Thank you for sharing that!! haha :D

      Delete
    2. No problem! Isn't it just too adorable for words?

      (If you wanna sound REALLY cool and nerdy, you can say "Friede, Freude, und Eierkuchen"--that's the German version :-) )

      Delete
    3. It is!! :D

      Hahaha, I don't think I could pull off saying it in German (I'd probably mess up and just embarrass myself), but I'll keep it in mind!

      Delete
  9. NATALIE!!!!!!! I utterly and absolutely can't hardly believe this!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, MY FRIEND!!!!! (Seriously, you should have seen my face when I clicked through and read the post for the first time -- I was internally jumping up and down and then soon quite literally squealing. ;D)

    *Okay, helplessly pulling self together to gain some sort of semi-coherence*

    I mean. Margaret... and Flynn Rider... and Tangled and N&S gifs... and Cinderella / Lily James and Richard Madden... and that pic from the Bolshoi Sleeping Beauty ballet... AND LIKE MY FAVORITEST EVER LOTR QUOTE OF ALL TIME.... AND... AND... AND... *losing coherence again*

    But in complete seriousness, this is all so kind and sweet from beginning to end and means SO much. And your ending was just tingly... Thank you, dear friend!! Your friendship's such a wonderful blessing to me, too. :) Here's to many more years of kindred adventures and love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi,
      Awwwww, I am SO happy that you loved it!! Your and Eowyn's comment had me all smiles. :D

      Haha, I so enjoyed raiding your pinterest boards and throwing a couple of my own photos in that I knew you'd love. :) Although, it was rather difficult narrowing down the choices (so many wonderful photos!!) so I'm so glad you enjoyed them all!

      I had no idea that was your favorite quote! But it all makes sense now, being that there were two or three images with that quote on your LOTR board. ;)

      You are so very welcome and thank YOU!!! I hope there are many more years, too!! -hugs-

      Delete
  10. Happy birthday to two splendiferously wonderful girls! Heidi and Eowyn, I'm so blessed to call you my friends. I hope you both have marvelous birthdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. DAWWW. This is absolutely Darling with a capital D, Natalie :)

    Happy birthdays, you two beautiful people! I'm so blessed by you both <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, this is so sweet, Natalie! :)

    A (very belated) happy birthday to Heidi and Eowyn! (And I think your parents must be the most amazing ever to have called their daughter Eowyn. That's just too special. :D)

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great tribute to two of the sweetest bloggers I know!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, Natalie!! I tagged you over at my blog. (Like you really needed ONE more thing to do right now! Ha!) Feel free to skip it if you're too busy, but I'd love to hear your answers to the questions. No pressure, though. (And I REALLY mean that. :))

    Oh! And one more thing! I just had to say, "I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!" Oh I'm so proud of myself!! *fist pump* As soon as Cordy posted her LOTR buttons I said to myself, "Natalie's going to pick 'The Calm' one, I just know it." And I was right!!! SQUEEEE! (You telling me before that you really liked Aragorn may have had a little bit to do with me guessing correctly...but only a little bit. Mostly, I'm just a super good guesser! Haha! ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks so much, Miss March! But, alas, you are right. I'm up to my ears in blog posts ideas, and I'm sure by the time I return to blogging I'll have so many more. I'm going to have to skip this one. :/ Sorry!! But thanks so much for thinking of me! :)

      Hahahaha, THAT IS SO FUNNY! You certainly know me well! ;) (And yes, ahem ahem, Aragorn may or may not have had a LOT to do with my choice....heehee)

      Delete
    2. I TOTALLY understand, my dear! No worries. You simply have to prioritize when it comes to things like this. :)

      Heehee. Yeah, for some reason I just had this crazy feeling that Aragorn might have something to do with it. ;)

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much for understanding! :D

      Ah, what a crazy feeling indeed. ;) Haha!

      Delete

I love comments as much as I love hot tea and a good book.....well, nearly, anyway!
Please keep your words kind and edifying.