July 22, 2016

Yes, I like chocolate and yes, I like books


A long while ago ( I mean, seriously, a long time. It could be years, I have no idea.) I stole this tag from Olivia's blog. This post, labeled as "Chocolate Book Tag (stolen from Arwen)" (that's how long ago it was; Olivia originally called herself Arwen when she started out blogging) has been sitting in my drafts ever since then. In fact, if I went to the trouble of finding Olivia's post, I could probably find my comment asking if it was okay for me to steal the tag. Let's see... here it is.

Aww, look. I had my Marian profile picture then. (Okay, it was over a year ago. Not years. Apologies.)

Dark Chocolate (a book that covers a dark topic): 
The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. It's not a dark book (I personally found it one of the most hopeful and inspiring books ever) but since it covers some of the horrid evils of the Holocaust, I think it counts.

White Chocolate (a light and humorous read): 
The Wide Awake Princess by E.D. Baker. A little silly, a little young, but quite funny, I really love this book. And Liam. Liam is really sweet. :)

First Meeting by TheGingerMenace123.deviantart.com on @DeviantArt:
Milk Chocolate (a book with a lot of hype that you're dying to read): 
Hmm, perhaps The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery. And guess what? I got a copy for my birthday!

'The Blue Castle by LM Montgomery - one of my favourites, a sweet romance with odd and quirky characters by the author of Anne of Green Gables (and I'm not a romance reader). Cover by Masako Kubo:
Caramel-filled Chocolate (a book that makes you feel all gooey inside): 
Oh goodness, can I include a list? :P Okay, fine...maybe Catching Moondrops by Jennifer Erin Valent. Jessy and Luke finally get engaged and it's just...gah. SO SWEET.

Wafer-less Kit-Kat (a book that surprised you): 
Catrin in Wales by Mabel Esther Allan definitely surprised me. It was just a random book my mom picked out at a rummage sale. I had no idea it would become one of my favorites. (THANK YOU, MOM!!)

Snickers (a book you're going nuts about): 
Right now? It's really sad, but I'm not really going nuts about any book right now. I discovered there's a children's book about the true events of the Newboys Strike of 1899 (I'm probably not supposed to capitalize that, but it deserves to be capitalized) and I reeaaallly want it. It's called Kid Blink Beats the World by Don Brown.
(Oh, and I found out about it by watching Corey Cott's "King of New York" vlog. It was on a shelf in the background. If you're a fan of Newsies on Broadway, you neeeeed to watch it. Here's the first episode.)
OMG THIS IS MY NEW WALLPAPER!!!! <--- No but this is literally one of my favorite pictures in exsistance and I am so glad someone found it!:

Hot Chocolate with Mini Marshmallows (a book you turn to for comfort): 
Maybe The Betsy Tacy Series by Maud Hart Lovelace.


A Box of Chocolates (a series you feel has something for everyone):
A series? For everyone? Goodness, that's hard. I'm going to say Lord of the Rings. Because why not?

Thank you for letting me steal this from you, Olivia. ;)

ps. How do you like my new summer blog design? I should have done it earlier, but oh well. Better late than never. :P

ps2. Thank you all SO much for your lovely comments on my birthday post. You all made my day. :D

18 comments:

  1. YAYYY. Natalie will read 'The Blue Castle." HURRRAHHH.
    (Also : the header = gorgeeeouuus.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, Natalie read it and loved it! :D
      Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Love this tag! That was great!
    And YES I LOVE your new header! It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAAAAWWWWW <3 The nostalgia :') Fun fact: since your profile picture was Marian when we first became acquainted, I've sort of imagined you like Lucy Griffiths ever since ;D

    Awesome answers! Aww, The Wide-Awake Princess IS a really sweet story! And Liam, from what I recall, really is a dear :)

    The Blue Castle! I can't wait to hear what you think of it…it's not my cup o' tea, but it's certainly very well-written.

    And I really want to read that trilogy by Jennifer Erin Valent! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, yes! :) Aww, really? I'm flattered--although I look nothing like her, unfortunately. ;) I tend to associate profile pictures to what their owners really look like, as well. :)

      You've read it? Yay! So glad you liked it, too!

      I just finished The Blue Castle today and....eek, I LOVED it. -whispers- I'm hoping to maybe do a review, so....yeah. -end whisper-

      PLEASE DO! :D

      Delete
    2. Haha ;)

      Yes! It's been a while, but I seem to remember enjoying it :)

      I'm hoping to read and comment on your review soon!!

      Delete
  4. Aww. That profile picture. I'm pretty sure that's the one you had when I first met you! *goes and checks* Yep! That's the one. :)

    This is a fun tag! I'm glad you decided to do it despite the length of time it's been in your drafts. ;) And oh! The Blue Castle. I have that book on my to-read list, too.

    Your new header is lovely, Natalie!! It's very refreshing. And I like how all the pictures have a blue-ish tint to them. Excellent job, my dear! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, really? That's so cool! :D

      Thank you, heehee. I'm glad I did it, too. (I just finished The Blue Castle. Miss March, DO move it up on your to-read list! It's a marvelous book!!)

      Thanks! So glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  5. What a cool way to talk about books!!! You know what? I'm going to do this tag too :-)

    Dark chocolate--"The Book Thief," by Markus Zusak. *sheds tear*
    White chocolate--"Money For Nothing" by P.G. Wodehouse. SO silly :-)
    Milk chocolate--"All the Light We Cannot See," by Anthony Doerr. I've heard it's pretty awesome.
    Caramel-filled chocolate--"Persuasion," by Jane Austen. The ending makes me feel VERY GOOEY INDEED. :-)
    Wafer-less-Kit-Kat: "The Kitchen Madonna," by Rumer Godden. Did NOT expect this one to be so fantastic. One of the greatest reading surprises I've ever had.
    Snickers: "Echo" by Pam Munoz Ryan. SO GOOD, PEOPLE.
    Hot Chocolate with Mini Marshmallows: "The Most of P.G. Wodehouse." Can't go wrong with that one.
    A Box of Chocolates: The "Little House" series, by Laura Ingalls Wilder. EVERYONE should read it (yes, even guys.) It's seriously amazing.

    Wow, that was fun--thanks, Natalie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for doing it, too! I really enjoyed your answers. :) I totally agree with you on the Little House books. They're so wonderful!

      Not at all. :)

      Delete
  6. I looove the idea of this tag - it's SO clever! I LOVE books and I LOVE chocolate, so this was s.p.o.t. o.n. And your answers were lovely, too. ;)

    I haven't read the Hiding Place but I hope to (it's on my list, I think)! Considering I'm writing a story set in that time and place, I'm sure it'd be very helpful, too.

    Oh, there's a real story about Newsies?! That's so neat! (Oh, and I'm going to go listen to Corey Cott's video because YES I HAPPEN TO BE A NEWSIES BROADWAY FAN. ;D)

    I still haven't read Betsy-Tacy yet! My little sister got it for her last birthday (because I showed it to my Mum on all you guys' recommendations!) and I still haven't got to it yet. It's on my list too. ;)

    LORD OF THE RIIINGS!!! It's very popular, but I still think it's almost underrated. :P It's not just a weird book about elves, dwarves and fantasty stuff - there is so much more to it, it's so rich and deep and full and gaahhh... just UHMAYZING.

    Also, I LOVE your header. You're making me homesick for summer. ;)

    ~Miss Meg

    P.S. I just finished the Newsies vlog... WELL THANKS NATALIE FOR GETTING ME HOOKED ONTO ANOTHER TIME WASTER. (No seriously... thank you. ;D) It's just a little sad I'm about 3 or 4 years late to that party, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you enjoyed it!

      Yes, good point! I hope you can read it soon. It's truly wonderful. :)

      I know!! Eek. (YAY FOR ANOTHER FAN. The tour is about to be in Chicago, which is five hours away from me and....I'm really sad that I can't go see it. <:"( I just hope I'll get a chance someday....it's not on Broadway anymore and the tour is about to end, I think. I don't know how I'll ever see it...)

      Ooh, yay! I hope you can read them soon. They're so delightful! I hope your sister enjoyed them. :)

      YES. So, so much deeper than your typical "fantasy" book. It's...goodness. I love it. :)

      Thank you! Aww, sorry. :(

      Hahahahahahaha! Oh, dear. Should I be sorry? But I'm not...it really is such a fun vlog, isn't it? (I never liked Corey Cott as Jack until I watched that vlog...:)) I KNOW. Me too. :(

      Delete
    2. Aww, how disappointing. :( I'd LOVE to go see Newsies here, but I don't think they're playing it, especially since it's an American production. *sniff* So I'm in the same boat. :(

      Yes, my sister really loved the Betsy Tacy series!

      No, they're SSSOOO GOOD!!! Corey Cott is hilarious. XD I just saw episode 3 of his daily vlog - OH. MY. GOSH. That pumpkin head invterview - I've not laughed so much in a long while! It was SO GOLD!! I can't stop laughing as I type this... oh, it was so funny. I gotta watch it again. *goes off in a peal of laughter*

      ~Miss Meg

      Delete
    3. Aww, you too? -hands a tissue- Well, good then, we can cry together. :'(

      YES, HE IS! Oh my, the pumpkin head interview was HILARIOUS. I also loved Corey "exposing" the secrets of his co-stars. Ben and Andy's "secret" was hysterical. "Get out. Get out, get out, get out!!" :D I'm so glad you enjoyed it so much, too!!

      Delete
    4. I could have sworn it was going to Melbourne but I could horribly wrong :(

      Delete
    5. Unfortunately it's not. I just looked it up on their website. :(

      Delete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.