December 16, 2016

Christmas-y Tag


First of all, thank you alllll so much for the lovely comments you've been leaving on my previous post concerning colllege. I won't say you've helped me all figure my life out (ha), but you've encouraged me a ton and made me smile with your kindness. THANK YOU. *hugs*

(If you haven't left a comment yet but want to, don't feel shy about doing so, I always love more comments on old posts. Even years old posts.)

So. I'm still kind of in rut. I have a ton of emails to reply to, and stories to edit (and a new plot bunny, muahaha), and of course, blog posts to write but my inspiration/motivation is at a zero. 

Maybe negative five. 

I'm sorry. *cries because I miss my blogging friends but I can't make myself write to them.*

But today, right now at 5:30 PM on this frosty, snowy evening (it's twenty degrees--Fahrenheit--and calling for another five to eight inches of snow? I think? #sendhelpwe'renotCanadians) I am determined to write a quick and fun blog post, with as little thought as possible. 

Let's see if we can start this snowball rolling.

(I stole this tag from everyone who was doing it, but it originally came from Lavender Spring.)

Does it snow where you live around Christmas? (If it doesn't, you have my sincere sympathy.) How much? Any special snowy Christmas stories?
UM yes. With more to follow, I'm told. Behold...



I love snow that sticks to all the trees. It makes me feel like we're in Narnia. :)

Do you get a real tree or a fake tree?
Quite real, thank you.


What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Definitely It's a Wonderful Life. Runners up? Eloise at Christmastime, White Christmas, A Christmas Carol, The Shop Around the Corner....

"Aaand... Dance by the light of the Moon" "You want the moon, Mary? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around her and pull her down":

Where in the world would you like to spend Christmas the most?
Um. One place??
Okay. I'm going to assume this question is referring to real places, and thus restrict myself to the real world. I don't know exactly where, but romantic, old-fashioned village in Europe would be....*dreamy sigh*. Someplace in Austria or Hungary or Germany or wherever.
You know, someplace inexpensive like this...
hallstatt:

Christmas markets in Salzburg - one of the most beautiful experiences I've had in Europe. Simply stunning.:

Discovered this fairytale place on my first trip to Europe; great memories. Fussen, Germany (by RachaelMc on Flickr):

Stunning Views: Liseberg during Christmas, Gothenburg, Sweden:

Innsbruck, Austria. HERMOSISIMA CIUDAD Y PAISAJE!!! ♥                                                                                                                                                      Más:

You know, most days I hope to marry someone who's not very rich (money doesn't buy happiness. Louisa May Alcott taught me that.) but then there are days where traveling alllll over the world with my rich millionaire husband doesn't sound too bad.

What fictional/literary character would you most like to spend Christmas with?
I was going to -ahem- change this question and make it three characters, but then I realized. The obvious answer. I would spend Christmas with Betsy Ray. In Deep Valley. In the early 1900's.
It would be perfect. *thinks of all the fun we'd have sledding, skating, decorating the house, going to dances, making fudge, buying Christmas ornaments downtown, playing the piano....*

What is your favorite Christmas song?
Image result for one does not simply pick a favorite christmas song
While searching for this meme I stumbled upon more that made me laugh. Like this oneEspecially this one.

ONE of my favorite Christmas songs is "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear."

What is your favorite Christmas book/story (besides, ya know, The Story)?
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe counts, right?

Which do you prefer: multi-colored lights or white lights? 
Both! White lights in my room, though. 

What time period/decade would you most like to spend Christmas in?
1940's. Or early 1900's-10's.

Which period drama has the best Christmas scene/episode?
Ahhh. Another hard one. Little Women IS a Christmas period drama. I adore it. Return to Cranford also has some very nice Chrismas-y scenes. Like this one. 
d'awwww

Okay. I can't rember. That's not a Christmas scene, but it was at their Christmas party, right? Or was it a different party....I can't keep track of their parties. 
Either way, it's a cute scene. So there.

Well, this post is....dreadfully long. Much longer than I anticipated. I apologize; I promise to try and learn the art of writing short blog posts. 
Fare thee well, and many joyous tidings of the season, dear friends!

16 comments:

  1. Wow! You get snow?!? We hardly ever get any snow where I'm at but know what a hassle it is when we do. Anyway, Eloise at Christmastime! Love that movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, yes! We're in Michigan, so...yeah. Snow happens pretty much every year (not always around Christmastime, though!).

      Yay! Glad you love that movie, too. :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post! It was not too long at all. Love your curtains with the lights! And you soooo many beautiful winter/Christmas images on here I'm in heaven! XD I pray you have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! Awwww, glad you enjoyed it. :D I hope you have a blessed Christmas as well! Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the first picture -- such a pretty view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want your snow.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee. I'd send you some if I could. :D I really think in this day and age that snow packages should be a thing. :P

      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  5. What you said about blogging inspiration/missing blogging friends/EVERYTHING.
    I was literally just sitting there thinking the exact same thing, and then thought "Oh well I can go read Natalie's post to cheer up"... and then you SAID IT!!! At least we can weep together. :) :)

    Those photos!!! I'm trying to decide from them if you appear to live in Narnia or a charming storybook world. :) That barn it looks so dreamy!

    And I think I might need to do this tag.

    I just read a Winter/Christmas-y Sherlock Holmes short story set in Switzerland, it wasn't what one might call a romantic story, but the setting WAS dreamy. :) Then what you said after those photos... I'm with you girl, I'm so with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too?? Aww. Poor Èowyn! I understand. We can indeed weep together. (I hope you get your inspiration back soon! Mine is s l o w l y returning. ;))

      Awww. Heehee, thanks. I think we are blessed to live in a very pretty spot. :) (And though the barn belongs to our neighbor and not us, I heartily agree. Isn't it lovely?)

      Ooh, I hope you do!

      That story sounds delightful! And yay! Let's plan a trip together, shall we? :)

      Delete
  6. I like this post. This post is my friend :)

    Ahh!! Your template just now started snowing the snowflakes and it made an already beauteous design even happier :D

    I relate to most of this post. #struggles :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee. Thank you, my dear. This post says you are its friend as well. :D

      So glad you like it!

      Aww. Struggles, indeed. Sorry! *hugs*

      Delete
  7. Eeek! I LOVE this post! And now you've got me in a pickle because I want to comment on ALL OF IT but I hardly know where to begin. *Miss March takes a deep breath and plunges ahead*

    Your snow fall is gorgeous! I love it when snow sticks to the trees, too. And yes it's totally like Narnia! :)

    You have colored lights on your Christmas tree! So do we! I love colored lights.

    Hey now! Did you read my post before writing yours? (Hahaha. Just kidding.) I love it that we both mentioned two of the same Christmas movies. It's a Wonderful Life really is tops though, isn't it?

    Oh my! All those villages in Europe are darling. I love how they're all decorated for Christmas. I hope you do get to go to some of those places sometime. (Your comment about your "rich millionaire husband" made me smile. You sound just like my sister. She's always joking about marrying a rich millionaire. It would be awfully convenient, though, wouldn't it? Just think of all the places you could go, and all the things you could do!)

    Betsy Ray sounds familiar, but I can't think who that is. However, your description of all the things you would do together is absolutely darling. Can I join you? ;)

    "One does not merely pick a favorite song" Mwhahaha! (I looked up the other memes, too. The cheese one especially made me laugh!) It Came Upon a Midnight Clear ...YOU HAVEBEEN READING MY POST! ;D Seriously, though, it's fun how we had such similar answers to some of these questions. Great minds think a like. :)

    The picture of the white lights over your window is so pretty! :)

    And ahem. This post was NOT dreadfully long. I enjoyed it very much!! :)

    Merry Christmas, Natalie!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, I'm sorry!

      Thanks! I loved it, but alas we have no snow now. :( In fact, our weather has been so strange. It feels like spring. :P

      Yay for colored lights!

      IaWL is THE BEST Christmas movie, hands down. I really don't see any other option. :P

      Aren't the lovely? (Hahaha! Your sister sounds fun. Yes, indeed! There's really no limit to the fun you could have when you have loads of money and no need to work. :P) (But I suppose not working might get old after a while...)

      Betsy is from the "Betsy Tacy" books by Maud Hart Lovelace. It's one of my ABSOLUTE favorite series, and I greatly recommend them. I think you'd love them! And yes! Do join us! :D

      Hahaha! And really? Wow. It's crazy how alike we are. :P

      Thank you. :)

      Merry (very late) Christmas! Happy 2017! :)

      Delete
  8. Wooowww... those photos with the snow. :O I really can barely think what that would be like. Sure, I can IMAGINE it, but I've never experienced anything like that in real life... it's gorgeous!! (So are your photos. :))

    It's a Wonderful Life was a lot different to what I was expecting, but I still enjoyed it. How can you not love Jimmy Stewart?! (Not to mention his darling wife!) Hopefully I'll be able to watch it and White Christmas within the next week. :D

    Hahaha! I think most girls wouldn't mind to marry a millionare and travel around the world on some days when life seems a little listlesss and dull. I, for one, wouldn't. ;)

    Goodness - apologizing for too long blog posts! Blah! No such thing. :D (Otherwise I'd be OUT. I do 'too long' everything. ;P)

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee! I hope you can experience snow someday, Miss Meg! It's really quite amazing. :) (And thanks!)

      Yes, indeed! Oh, I'm so happy you enjoyed it. :) I watched White Christmas this year, too!

      You said it. :P

      Haha, thanks! And Merry (late!) Christmas! Happy 2017!

      Delete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.