December 30, 2016

What doesn't kill you might actually send you to bed with a sore throat

Hi my friends. I had all these wonderful hopes of doing some sort of post just talking about "life" in general, and 2016. Well, with a day left to the year and me down with some sort of cold/flu/Idon'tevenknowwhat that I got from my brother (it was inevitable, I always catch his colds.), well....that isn't going to happen. ;)
 :

I've actually spent quite a bit of yesterday and today editing my book (Princess and the Pea) so that's a good thing. Don't feel up to it now, though...
Henry: About time you got back to us...
I finished reading book two of the Ascendance Trilogy, The Runaway King, and ohhh did I love it. Sage is the best. THE BEST. And Fink? I need adoption papers so we can make this legal. I absolutely love that kid.
The Runaway King:

I also just finished reading North and South for the first time. It was wonderful. <3

North & South - Poster by PemberleyPond - #elizabethgaskell #fanart:
Why is Christmas over? It didn't stick around long enough this year (does it ever, though?). I feel personally affronted, Christmas. Which reminds me, watch this video. It's funny. :)

(Oh and pssst. The entire Newsies broadway tour is on youtube, limited time only, I would think. Check it out, but don't tell them I sent you. :P)

The ironic thing today is that I'm wearing a t shirt that says "Cowgirl tough". Well. I'm not feeling it today, but I'm glad my shirt believes in me.



The news that Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds died made me a little sad. I try not to get too wrapped up in actors and actresses (because you know...most of them are not fabulous role models :P)  but hearing that the woman who played one of my favorite heroines since childhood was just a little hard to wrap my mind around.
Who's excited for 2017? I am. 2016 was actually one of the happiest years for me, and the most exciting. But that doesn't mean I'm not ready for a new, clean year to begin afresh in. I hope and pray you all have a VERY Happy New Year and a wonderful 2017. *hugs*

And I hope the start to your year is a lot healthier than mine. ;)

Welllll, that's all I got for now, my friends. I'm going to crawl back to bed.
 :
PS. Want to know how to wash a kitten? Your welcome.

16 comments

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I'm so sorry you're sick! I know how rotten that can be. *hugs*

    I'M WATCHING THE NEWSIES SHOW RIGHT NOW AND I'M CRYING ALL OVER AGAIN. It's not even my own beloved Joey Barreiro and I'm still cryin'. That musical just does something to me, ya know what I mean????? It brings back Memories of the time we saw it live, which was one of the most awesome days of my life (second, obvs., to this September :-) )

    Yeah, I was pretty crushed by Carrie Fisher's death . . . Leia wasn't my own personal favorite, but still, she was SPECIAL. A true princess--the first princess I ever knew, actually (since I wasn't introduced to Disney until much, much later). I don't want her to leave :'-(

    Nah, Christmas ain't over yet. It lasts till February 2nd--Candlemas Day, the official end date. Which is a Rather Nice Thought :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. *hugs back* :(

      YAY! I knooooow. SO GOOD, right? No matter how many times I watch Newsies, I get so happy. And ohhh, yes. If I had seen it live...*deep breath*. That definitely would have been one of my best days, too. :D

      Exactly. :(

      Really? Huh, I've never heard of that!

      Delete
  2. Brothers tend to pass sore throats around. It's a thing. :-P Feel better soon, Natalie! And happy 2017. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope you feel better soon! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. :( Get better soon, dear!

    "(it was inevitable, I always catch his colds.)" Heehee. That part made me laugh. What is it with siblings anyway? Must they always be so generous with their colds? ;)

    AAHHHHHHH! HEEEEEENRY!!! So good to see you again, sir. And I entirely agree with you. It IS about time Natalie got back to you. I mean, really. It's been MONTHS! What has she been about all this time? *wink, wink* (That gif, though, Natalie! That was perfect.)

    I'm so glad to hear that 2016 was a happy year for you. It was a good year for me, too. And I think 2017 is going to be great! Happy New Year, my friend!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :(

      They ALWAYS are. ;)

      I WAS HOPING SOMEONE WOULD LIKE SEEING HIM AGAIN. :D It made me happy to put him in a post. Heehee, it is about time, isn't it? (Thanks! :D Goodness, I love this guy...)
      (By the way, I was just editing a section where he gets pretty upset, and I thought of you because...well, I know you have a soft spot for him and would have felt bad for him.)

      Thanks! I'm so glad it was good for you, too. :) I hope so!! Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Aww. Really? Poor Henry. I feel bad for him just hearing about that scene. :( And now I REALLY want to read that part! How soon do you think you'll be able to start sending out the next chapters again? (I'm not being impatient. I'm NOT being impatient. ;))

      Delete
    3. Awww! :) I'll tell him you send your sympathy. ;)
      Wellllll, I'm not sure when I'll be sending out chapters again. I've realized that I have some plot reworkings to figure out, and I think it'll be simpler to go through and get my second draft done before sending it to beta readers (instead of editing AND sending it out at the same time...it was a little overwhelming). Once I finish that, I have some different ideas about how to share it with everyone. I'm sorry about the wait...but I think it'll be better in the long run this way. :)

      Delete
  5. Hope you feel better! That was a good post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh being sick is nasty. My whole family (of 14) used to to get the flu bug the first week in January EVERY year. Thankfully we haven't gotten in the last three years.

    AHHHH!!! North & South!!! *swoons* I ADORE that book. The first time I read it (which was after I watched the BBC miniseries) I started reading around 9 pm. I couldn't put the book down at snuck it to bed with me. I stayed up until 4:00 am reading it. I prefer the book ending to the miniseries ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, that sounds pretty rough. :/ But yay for three years of not being sick!

      Isn't it lovely?? I've watched the miniseries many times, so it was fun comparing the book to movie. I'm not sure which ending I prefer, but I love both the book and the movie. They really complement each other. :) And heehee, late-night readings are fun. Although the latest I've ever stayed up is about midnight. I don't do well on little to no sleep!

      Delete
  7. Well, it's taken me shamefully long to comment on this, but finally! I can sit down and type something. :D

    First of all, I'm sorry you're sick! :( How awful to start the new year like that! I haven't been sick for a long time, which I'm ssoo thankful for, although I DID have 4 colds in 4 months (mostly over winter) last year. >:/ Hope you're feeling better!

    I personally feel like Christmas lasted long enough this year, haha, which I don't remember ever saying before. Mind you, we DID put up the tree + decorations in mid November. (In our defense, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia, and we were going on holidays later that month.)

    I'm sad Carrie Fisher died too. :( (And now rather curious to see how they'll change things in the next Star Wars movies now....)

    Happy New Year!!! 2017 doesn't sound as nice as 2016, but it still looks pretty. ;)

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, no worries, Miss Meg! It's taken me forever to reply! :D

      Thanks! I'm totally better now. :) And eek. Four colds in four months? That's rough. :(

      Heehee, I can see why that would make you ready to move past Christmas then. To tell the truth, now that it's over, I don't miss it. :) I love the feeling of a new year.

      I think I read that her scenes were already filmed for that movie, but it does make me wonder how they're going to change the story to accommodate her death. I wonder if they had planned on her being in the last movie...? We'll never know, now. :(

      Same to you! 2016 had a definite golden feel to it last year, and 2017 seems like a big question mark to me. But I'm looking forward to seeing where it takes us. :)

      Delete

I love comments as much as I love hot tea and a good book.....well, nearly, anyway!
Please keep your words kind and edifying.