Happy "I Love Austen Week", my friends!!! *throws confetti hearts* If you haven't hear, Hamlette is hosting this blog party over at Hamlette's Soliloquy. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should. There will be lots of fun posts and reviews....and I may or may not have heard rumors of a giveaway. ;)
Hamlette has put together a lovely list of questions for the party, and here I am today to give you my exciting answers. (Actually, they're boring answers. But I trust you'll stick around anyways. :P)
1. Which did you experience first, a Jane Austen book or a movie based on one?
Pride and Prejudice 1995. :)
2. What is your favorite Austen book?
Sense and Sensibility, without a doubt. Here's my review of it.
3. Favorite heroine? Why do you like her best?
Oooh, that's hard. It would be between Elinor Dashwood and Elizabeth Bennet. I relate the most to Elinor, but I admire Lizzy quite a bit....I guess I'll say Lizzy. I just love how outgoing and witty and fun she is. :)
4. Favorite hero? Why do you like him best?
Mr. Knightley. Because he's so kind, so caring, and so unselfish. <3
5. Do you have a favorite film adaptation of Austen's work?
Probably Pride and Prejudice, 1995. ;)
6. Have your Austen tastes changed over the years? (Did you start out liking one story best, but now like another better? Did you think she was boring at first, then changed your mind? Etc.)
Mmmm. I don't think so? I think I've grown in my conviction that Mr. Knightley is my favorite hero. A couple years ago, I would have still been undecided between him, Mr. Darcy, and Henry Tilney. I've also grown to love the 2009 Emma film. I used to not like it very much. Shocking, I know. :P
7. Do you have any cool Austen-themed things (mugs, t-shirts, etc)? (Feel free to share photos if you want.)
I have a Jane Austen journal! I unfortunately have already filled it up, but it was fun using while it lasted. :)
8. If you could ask Jane Austen one question, what would you ask her?
Why didn't she give Fanny and Edmund a more convincing resolution? :P
9. Imagine someone is making a new film of any Jane Austen story you choose, and you get to cast the leads. What story do you want filmed, and who would you choose to act in it?
Well, I would definitely say Mansfield Park needs a new adaption. As for the leads....goodness, I don't know.
Perhaps as Allan Leech as Edmund and Eleanor Tomlinson as Fanny??
10. Share up to five favorite Jane Austen quotations!
“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”
― Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
(still undecided whether this would be okay to quote in polite conversation. :P)
“A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
(this is, unfortunately, true)
“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
“The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love. I require so much!”
― Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility
“Ah! There is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort.”
― Jane Austen
(this is also me)
(Hee. I admit I just went onto goodreads and copied five Austen quotes that I really like, but I found it funny that they revolve around books, staying at home, and being an incurable romantic :P)
Thanks for this fun tag, Hamlette! Everyone, make sure to check out the giveaway and all the other Jane Austen festivities happening. :)