February 14, 2017

True Love

This Valentine's Day, I'm as single as I ever was, but this is the first year where I can officially say "I'm single" without sounding ridiculous. (If someone isn't old enough to get married, then I don't think they have any business saying "I'm single". Of course you're single. :P)

Anyways, this is meant to be a short post, about just one thing. (And that thing is not my marital status.)

Whoever you are, wherever you are, however old you are, whatever your relationship status, guess what? You can celebrate Valentine's Day. Because Jesus, the author and creator and definer of love, loves YOU.
 :

~Psalm 136: 1-9~
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the God of gods.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords:
His love endures forever.
to him who alone does great wonders,
His love endures forever.
who by his understanding made the heavens,
His love endures forever.
who spread out the earth upon the waters,
His love endures forever.
who made the great lights—
His love endures forever.
the sun to govern the day,
His love endures forever.
the moon and stars to govern the night;
His love endures forever.
'Heritage' (1984) David Austin Rose. Go for garden roses and David Austin roses to www.parfumflowercompany.com:

~Pslam 136: 23-26~
He remembered us in our low estate
His love endures forever.
and freed us from our enemies.
His love endures forever.
He gives food to every creature.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the God of heaven.
His love endures forever.

 :

See that? His love endures f o r e v e r. And ever. And ever. There is NO end to His love.
Commit that to memory, my dear friends. Jesus will always love you. He's always waiting with open arms for you to run to Him. He's ready and willing and wanting to love you, accept you, free you, cleanse you, redeem you. No one on earth loves you or ever will love you like our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, does.


I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 

~Ezekiel 36:26~

preach

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

We love because he first loved us.

~1 John 4:18-19~

If you're feeling blue because of your singleness this Valentine's Day, stop and think a moment. 
You will never be loved any more than you are right now.
That doesn't mean you can't still desire marriage one day. But don't ever think you need some other human's love to really be loved. Because you don't.
You really, really don't.

Happy Valentine's Day, my dear friends.

HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER.

12 comments:

  1. Beautifully said!
    Oh, I need to hear this every once and a while, when I'm letting my selfish flesh get in the way of my happiness and joy.
    God is so good, and His love is enough. <3
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LaKaysha! I'm so happy this post was something you needed to hear! <3
      God bless you, too!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful and perfect. God is amazing, and although I'm still too young to be saying 'I'm single' it's still important to remember his amazing plan(s) for me and my love life.
    Thanks for this lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Classic Girl! Yes, indeed! We're never too young to remember God's faithfulness. <3

      Delete
  3. So, so true. Thank you, friend <3

    And happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! <3 Happy Valentine's Day to you, as well!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post, Natalie! And so true!! :D

    "You will never be loved any more than you are right now." Seriously, girl, that is profound! Love how you put that! <3

    P.S. And, heehee, about you being able to call yourself single now without sounding ridiculous. "(If someone isn't old enough to get married, then I don't think they have any business saying "I'm single". Of course you're single. :P)" Haha. Very legitimate point, my dear. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss March!!

      Aww, really? I'm flattered! <3

      PS. Haha, glad you enjoyed that. ;)

      Delete
  5. Yes, this was so sweet and perfect and true! Thanks for the reminder, Natalie. :)

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.