The first one is the Sunshine Blogger award given to me by dear Miss March. Thank you!
1. What was the last book you read?
Uhm. *checks goodreads* This Eric Liddell biography by Catherine Swift. He's such an inspiration.
2. On a typical evening at home, what are you most often found doing -- reading a book, watching a movie, playing games with your siblings, twiddling your thumbs...what?
Watching a movie with my family. :)
3. You have the choice of being an only child or having twenty siblings. Which do you choose?
Definitely twenty siblings. I would get so lonely as an only child. *cries at the thought*
4. Do you prefer bike riding or walking?
How can I choooooose? I love both.
Such a fun question! (Although I wouldn't trade my real family. Just making that clear. ;))
Mmm, as a father, I'd choose....maybe William Altair from Resistance by Jaye L. Knight? As for a mother....hmm. Maybe Emma's mom from The Mother Daughter Book Club? I don't know. I'd love to have Gwen from BBC's Merlin as a sister (she's just the sweetest) and Sage from The False Prince trilogy as a brother.
That was more difficult than I would have guessed. The brother and sister question was easy, but there are really a lack of good parents in books and films. :P
6. Did you ever receive money under your pillow after losing a tooth?
Hee, yes. :P
7. What's your favorite color?
Iron clothes. I don't mind either, because I can play music or watch a movie (ish) while doing it, but ironing clothes is less damaging to your hands. And less messy. :P
9. What is your opinion on zoos? Interesting or boring?
I haven't been to many, but I've always found them quite fun.
10. Growing up, did you have a favorite doll? What was her name?
I had many dolls, and as to my favorite? Well, that's hard. Let us say Felicity (the American Girl). She definitely was my favorite, though I tried not to let my other 18" dolls (the less expensive ones from Target) know it.
|actual photo of my dolls having a tea party :)|
The second tag is The Bibliophile Tag from Lia. Thank you!!
1. What is your favorite fantasy novel/series?
Ughhh. This is hard. I have three favorites. Don't make me choose between them. Lord of the Rings, Narnia, and The Ilyon Chronicles (Okay, if I HAD to choose I'd probably say LOTR, but that's a really painful decision...)
2. What is your favorite historical novel?
Umm. ONE of my favorites is Mara:Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw.
3. What is your favorite contemporary novel?
I read very little contemporary fiction. I guess The Mother Daughter Book Club series? If I had to pick one, I'd choose Pies and Prejudice.
4. Which character/book best reflects your personality?
I feel as if The Blue Castle really fits into a corner of my heart and "understands" me—if a book can understand you. ;) Though my life and personality are very different from Valancy's, I still connect with the story SO much. If I wanted to "introduce myself" to someone by giving them a book to read, I would choose that one.
5. What is your favorite book character of all time?
At this moment? Jace. (Answer is subject to vary)
Probably J.R.R Tolkien, but then again I have many favorites. :P
7. Do you judge a book by it's cover?
Yes, I do. I try not to...but it's hard. (Note to authors: make your cover stunning if you want me to read it.)
8. Paper books, ebooks or both?
Paper, but I will read ebooks when paper is unavailable. I admit I love the dictionary feature.
9. Have you read a book you didn't like?
Yes, haven't we all? :)
(Such as this one, which I just read and reviewed on goodreads. Ugh.)
Can I say Smaug the dragon? He's pretty cool.
Thank you, Olivia and Lia!!!