September 10, 2017

Four Years+100 followers

It's been four wonderful years. Four years in which Natalie's memory slowly deteriorates, I guess. Because I was all set to sit down and write out on post on "four things blogging has given me".

Then I checked last year's anniversary post and was mildly shocked to see I had already written that post. (Except it was five, not four.)

Wooow.

So, here I am, unsure of what to say. And friends, to be honest, I don't feel much like celebrating. Hurricane Irma is currently on its path to Florida and though I am no where near the danger, it's still a source of worry and fear for me.
Isaiah 54:10 Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, my unfailing love for you will not be shaken.
Florida was my home for 15 years. It was my childhood. Several relatives and dear friends still live there on the west coast, including my grandparents and a dear childhood friend I've known since I was seven.

It's crazy hearing about the evacuations. It's crazy seeing how big this hurricane is. It's crazy thinking what it would be like if we were still living there. It's just crazy.
Christmas in Venice, FL
downtown Venice, FL--a place I went to quite frequently as a kid
I also feel guilty--guilty that I didn't pray for the victims of Harvey as much as I've been praying for Florida. It's just so different. Knowing the place in danger and especially the people who are still there...it puts it into such a different light.

But I know God is in control. I know He reigns supreme. And I'm still grateful for so much--thankful a few friends have been able to evacuate (like Mary!) and thankful that my family and friends still there have a safe place they plan to go.
"But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me."

I'm so thankful for the supportive friends I've met through blogging. Their encouragement and prayers mean the world. If I had to pick the one best thing about these four years of blogging, it would be that. My friends. Each of you are so unique, so dear, and so special.

Thank you so much.

Without you, I probably wouldn't be online here today. I probably wouldn't have written my novel, which opened the floodgates for 1,345 other novel ideas (give or take a little :P). I probably wouldn't be anything like who I am.

To be honest, I wondered whether I should save my thoughts about the hurricane for a different post and keep my anniversary post fun and light-hearted. But that wouldn't be very honest with you all. I don't want to put up a front about my life. Sometimes life is sad and messy and hard and I wouldn't be trusting you all very much if I didn't let you know it.

[ S u m m e r t i m e ] E s s e n c e . O f . S u m m e r


You say, “I choose the appointed time;
    it is I who judge with equity.
When the earth and all its people quake,
    it is I who hold its pillars firm.
Psalm75

From heaven you pronounced judgment,
    and the land feared and was quiet—
when you, God, rose up to judge,
    to save all the afflicted of the land.
Psalm 76

The waters saw you, God,
    the waters saw you and writhed;
    the very depths were convulsed.
The clouds poured down water,
    the heavens resounded with thunder;
    your arrows flashed back and forth.
Your thunder was heard in the whirlwind,
    your lightning lit up the world;
    the earth trembled and quaked.
Your path led through the sea,
    your way through the mighty waters,
    though your footprints were not seen.
You led your people like a flock
    by the hand of Moses and Aaron.
Psalm 77


A favorite song at the moment:




God is trustworthy. 
He cares about the people of Florida more than I ever could. 
And He's going to be right there in the midst of it all.
He has a purpose for this.

And He will never leave nor forsake His people.


Hopefully I can get something more fun together for y'll soon. Would anyone be interested in an Ask Me Anything post? And I really want to host a giveaway sometime soon. Why?

BECAUSE I'M AT 100 FOLLOWERS. YOU ALL ARE AMAZING THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!

But for now, thank you. 

Thank you for four years. 

Thank you for your friendship.
pretty flower picture for you because that's all I have right now ;D
Here's hoping for many more years as wonderful as these have been.

Love you all!!! *hugs*

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE THAT SONG.

    Yes, the hurricane is so scary and terrible. I need to stop and pray for it more. It's honestly so devastating... I can't imagine how scary it must be.
    God always reigns. He knows how hurricanes work but He knows how salvation works. I think these things should remind us constantly that we are not living for this world... But for eternity.

    On a lighter note, happy blog anniversary!!! ❤❤❤❤ love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great?? Thank you for introducing me to "Northern Wonder". I found them via your blog. :)

      Thank you soooo much. Thankfully, my friends and family were only slightly affected by the hurricane. It wasn't at all as awful for them as we feared. But of course, there are other areas that were damaged much worse. :( I have to remember to pray for those people, too.
      "He knows how hurricanes work but He knows how salvation works." << AMEN.

      Thank you!! <3 <3 <3 Love you, too! *hugs*

      Delete
  2. I really love you and am so grateful to have you as my friend <3

    The hurricane must be so scary for you. Sometimes, watching loved ones in danger from far away is even worse than being on the spot--you feel so helpless. I remember when the Boston Marathon bombings happened, I was pretty terrified for my friends and relatives up in New England, and I hated being so far away from them. You'll all be in my prayers *hugs* God's got this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwww. Jessica. I love you too, girl!! You're so awesome. <3
      Thank you, friend. It WAS pretty scary. Thankfully my family and friends are all OK. Thank you for the prayers and for understanding!!! Your encouragement means so much. *hugs back*

      Delete
  3. Happy blogaversary! An AMA would be fun :-) And congrats on hitting 100 followers!

    I have a cousin who lives in Florida -- last I heard, his wife and kids have evacuated, but he's still at his base there. He's in the military, so probably going to be helping with dealing with the storm and aftermath and so on. Been praying he stays safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hamlette!! I'm glad you think an AMA would be fun. :D

      I'm so glad your cousin's wife and kids evacuated--how is your cousin? I hope he stayed safe, too. That must be a very stressful job. I'll pray for him!

      Delete
    2. My cousin posted pics of the cleanup yesterday, so he's doing okay :-) Thanks for praying for him!

      Delete
    3. Awww yay! Very happy to hear that. :D

      Delete
  4. Aww, Natalie, this was lovely. I'm so glad you chose to put everything you're feeling right now into this post.

    First, congratulations on your 4 years anniversary! I'm so glad I am your friend, and I'm excited for what the next years of friendship will bring. <3 :)

    I haven't heard very much about the hurricanes, but when you wrote it in that perspective, it's so much more sobering! We have cyclones (hurricanes) here quite often too, although they normally happen further up the coast from where I'm living. But I understand how scary they are. I'll be praying for the people in Florida.

    And that song was beautiful. I often forget how much good a reminder like that does for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gabby!!! <3 Honestly, that makes me so happy to hear.

      Eeek THANKS! *hugs* I'm so happy we're friends, too, and YES. Excited to see what the next years bring, definitely. :)

      You know, I actually was wondering whether Australia got hurricanes or the equivalent! That's interesting to hear. I'm glad they don't usually hit your area, though I'm sorry Australia has to deal with them, too. :( Thank you for your prayers!!! <3

      I'm so happy you liked the song! I love listening to it, it really helps me calm down and remember that Jesus is in control. <3

      Delete
  5. YOU HAVE 100 FOLLOWERS, YOU HAVE 100 FOLLOWERS!! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN??? Like I knew you were almost there but wow!! What excellent timing just in time for your four year anniversary!! *grins* Congratulations on four years, Natalie, and on 100 followers, and for just being such an all around amazing blogger!! <3 <3 <3

    Addressing the more serious note to this post, oh Natalie! *hugs you tight* I'm so sorry you've been feeling worried! It's understandable though. When things like this happen so close to home...it's hard. It really is. *hugs you again*

    YOU ARE SO RIGHT THOUGH! God's there, even in the midst of the storm. He's everywhere. And He has a purpose in all of this. He's looking out for each individual person involved. They're as safe in the storm as out of it because God rules over ALL OF IT! And isn't He so good to allow us so much advance warning so that people are able to get to safety? We didn't have that years ago. Praying for peace for you, dear friend. And for safety for everyone involved!

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEK I KNOW, THANK YOU!!! <3 Haha! The funny thing is, it almost happened too quickly--or at least, I wasn't paying enough attention. I wanted to do a giveaway when I reached 100 followers but here I am, and no giveaway yet. It doesn't help that I have very little money right now, too. Ah well. I'll think up something.

      But I digress. :P

      *returns hug* Thank you!! It means so much that you understand. <3

      "They're as safe in the storm as out of it because God rules over ALL OF IT!" << Wow. So true!! I never quite thought of it that way before, but you're so very right. And yes, the advance warning IS something be grateful for! I can't imagine what it must have been like way back then when they didn't have weather radar or what have you. Things would have happened literally without warning.

      Thank you so so so much for your prayers. My family and friends are well and safe, by the way!! I'm certain everyone's prayers helped. <3

      Delete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS, GIRL!! That is so exciting *tosses confetti and gives you many waffles* THE AESTHETIC OF THIS POST IS SO LOVELY TOOOOOO <3333

    rock on,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh, THANK YOU, Abbie!! I appreciate it tons. *smiles at the confetti and waffles*
      REALLY? THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY TO HEAR; THANK YOU!!

      Delete
  7. Hurricanes to wildfires, it really is a crazy 'ol world; it truly is the greatest comfort to know that God holds everything in His Hand, and that no matter how much you love somebody or something good, He loves and cares for it even more.

    *hugs* I can't ever say how thankful I am to call you the dear, dear friend you are Natalie!

    Love you, friend. :)

    P.S. The Forget-Me-Not photo is the loveliest picture, and the perfect finishing touch; well chosen, indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "He loves and cares for it even more." << SO TRUE. Thank you for that reminder, dear friend. How are you out in Missouri? I heard something about the wildfires you mentioned. Have they affected you or anyone you know? I hope not! <3

      *hugs back* D'awwww. And I you, girl!! Your friendship is such a blessing.

      Thank you tons for your encouragement. Love you, too!!

      PS. I'm so happy you liked it. :D

      Delete
  8. Congratulations for 100 followers, and I am very happy I can be one of them! :-)

    It is really sad to hear about what's happening to Florida. Everyone in Florida and in Houston (and nearby parts of Texas) need all of our prayers. I can't even imagine what those people are going through. I live in a desert, so I can't even imagine being flooded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ekaterina!!! D'awwww. You are too sweet! :D

      Yes, indeed! Texas and Florida definitely need prayer right now. <3 Even though I lived in Florida, I thankfully never had to experience flooding. I agree; it must be terrifying and I certainly can't imagine it, either. :(

      Delete

You're thinking of leaving a comment? Please do! :D
Simply keep your words kind and gracious. Any comments containing mean or ugly words will be deleted immediately.